+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How rare is "true love"?

How rare is "true love"?

1) How would you describe "true love"? Does it even exist?

2) Do you think that you have experienced "true love"?

3) What would you say are the differences between "true love" and "normal love" (if any)?

4) How rare do you consider "true love" to be?

1. I think 'true love' is when you are still together in old age. When you look back over all the years you have spent together and not regret a single thing.

2. Nope.

3. True love is 'lasting' love......

4. Very rare.

I'm always up for a challenge and will endeavour to give you my explanation of "TRUE LOVE".....agree or disagree.....
    In fact I posted quite a big blog on this very subject on my facebook.
    True Love.....yes heard in many fairy tales...stories wriitten....history is full of tragic and happy tales of true love....true love goes hand in hand with romance....
    I don't entirely agree with the previous post.....it may be inside you for enternity but your partner may not.
    in other words, you may truly love someone.....but they may not truely love you to the same degree.
    I think Love is Love....but the degree of love on both sides may be different, not always....but it can be thus so.
    Love is truly a mystery......it is ebbing and flowing....and is many layered.
    Also, for a true love to survive...depends also partly on circumstances.
    if the circumstances are right...it has every chance of growing between two people,
    you know.....when you meet someone new.....you could fall "head over heels" for that person...jump straight in at the deep end, on the other hand, that person may not necessarily do the same.
    Your emotions may run so high and fast..whereas the other person may be going at a much slower pace...then again it can happen that the two of you instantly fall deeply in love at an instant "love at first sight" but in reality this in my opinion, does not happen that often, to meet your soul mate these days is becoming harder and a lot of your time is spent, getting to know the other person, only to find, the bells are not ringing as you had hoped.
    but I am an optimist...and believe in destiny, what is to be will be.
    so true love.......can be an instant thing, or it can grow to be.....and can remain so if both parties want it so.
    but only time will tell....
    anyone else care to comment......??
    Last edited by troytempest; 01-10-10 at 05:05 AM.

1. True love is the combination of loving a person physically, mentally, and spiritually. It exists. And it comes down to a single decision, to love and love them no matter what happens.
    2. I have experienced true love and am experiencing it.
    3. There is no such thing has normal love. Normal love is either attraction, lust, or loving something that is not the person, maybe loving being in love.
    4. I think everyone is capable of true love.

I hope that I just found true love... I will keep you posted ;-)