+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I'm not allowed to see him.

I'm not allowed to see him.

I really like this guy I met last month, since the summer is over we've hung out a few times alone.
    I'm seventeen and he's a year younger, there's no problem with age though.
    The thing is, his parents won't let us hangout anymore. They're very religious and won't even let us be friends, mostly because I'm not Christian myself.
    I've never liked a guy this much before, just being around him makes me very happy.
    I really want to see him again but I have no idea how, the idea of not seeing him again makes me incredibly sad.
    Any advice?
    Thanks

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Forget about him. He is too young to make decisions independent of his parent's influence, and it sounds like his parents aren't in favor of you hanging around. They will win this battle.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Well, although that wasn't quite the response I was looking for, thank you for responding.
    I'm all for equality and the fact that they don't accept me because I'm atheist really bugs me.
    I still talk to him and see him on msn, so I plan on at least being friends with him as well as I can from a distance.
    I work with him as well so I'm still going to see him every now and then.
    I can't forget him that easily.

Ashti's advice, while blunt, is spot on. You're young, he's even younger. Trying to continue things online, and with the occasional secret meet up, is only going to frustrate and distress both of you. Keep in touch with him, maybe at some point, when you're both a bit older, you will want to be with each other. But at the age you are, you have to accept that not only do his parents have a strong right to decide what is best for their son, but you both have other things going on that are far more important, school, college etc

Stay friends if you can, but accept that in these circumstances being together in a romantic way just isn't practical. His parents might seem bigoted and closed-minded, but they love their son, and they are doing what they think is the right thing to bring him up to be a responsible and happy young man. It is not possible, and perhaps even desirable, that you try to override the wishes of his parents at this age.

There are plenty of other guys, and opportunities, in life. Don't feel to wrapped up in this liaison, it will only cause you a lot of hurt and pain.