+ Follow This Topic

Thread: 11 year age difference?

11 year age difference?

I started talking to a guy from work and I made the first move and gave him my number. Giving him my number, I thought he was only about 21 or 22. The same night, he calls me and I ask him his age and he tells me that he's 30! I tell you what, I was speechless. I didn't know how to react. The fact that I gave a 30 yr old my number and didn't realize it. I was even told that he was about 21 cause well he looks like he could be. Now, I know right now that when I say I'm 19 and that he's 30; it seems weird. But when he turns 31 and I turn 20, it won't seem too weird.

The thing is I think I am starting to kind of like him. He is going to school, has a job and doesn't live at home. But he doesn't have a car which somewhat bothers me. He's a little bit shorter than me, but I tell you what it doesn't bother me one bit. He has tattoos and a tongue piercing which I think is cool.

I know age is only but a number when you are at the legal age, but am I taking on too much here?

I realize that him and I are at different stages in our life, but I believe I am mature for my age and he seems to be as well.

Advice?

Don't think too much on the age difference. Like you said, right now it matters, but in a few years no one will even look at you funny. My parents got together when she was 16 and he 29, have to say that sounds creepy to me, btu she was more mature and he less for their ages. They stuck together till me dad died at age 64. So, do what you will as long as it makes you happy.

Some people seem older than they are and some don't. The date on his birth certificate means absolutely nothing. If you like the guy then you like the guy. Good luck.

Thats okay. I wouldnt go there due to baggage t

i think it sounds worse than it actually is... women age quicker mentally/ emotionally than guys so from that point of view i don't see why it couldn't work. the only thing you may have to look out for is either a. long-term relationship exes or b. he may want to move things along faster than you do because of life experience etc.. so don't ever feel pushed into anything. but i agree, 20 and 31 sounds a lot better. the car thing would bother me a bit too, but ask him about it and see what he says. good luck!
    They called us a dead generation,
    They told us that we wouldn't survive
    They left us alone in the maelstrom
    As you can see we're all clearly alive.