+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How do women's minds work ... ?

How do women's minds work ... ?

Hi all,

First time posting here and just wanted to see people's opinions about something that happened 3 months ago (yeah, I know, long time ago but its been on my mind).

I was best man at my best friends wedding - I was single at the time (just out of a year long relationship) and I met up with my best friend's sister after about 3 years of not seeing her. She too was just out of a relationship. I am 33, she is 31.

There has always been something between us for several years - we have always flirted together but nothing else, but it was obvious there was quite a strong attraction between us.

It was a weekend wedding - on the first evening we chatted and flirted a lot (I kept showing her my roomkey, jokingly) and she kept kissing me on the cheek. It was great fun and she was really good company. Then, near the end of the night she said 'I really want to tell you something ...' to which I replied 'What's that?' and she said 'I can't tell you, you are my brothers best friend.' Now I kinda knew what she was hinting at but didn't push it. Anyways, the evening ended and we both just went to bed (seperately I might add!)

Next morning I passed her and her sister on the stairs going down to breakfast and said 'Morning ladies' And got no reply whatsoever from her. It's like I wasn't there! Weird I thought ...

Throughout the whole of that day she seemed in a bad mood - not just with me but with everyone. It was weird. There was a boat trip in the afternoon and she was sitting on her own, so I went to talk to her. We chatted for a bit about this and that and I jokingly said some remark about 'If we were a couple' and she smiled. Then I said, 'What if I was being serious? And you and I started seeing each other?' She replied, 'But I don't really know you.' Which is true, I guess. Anyway, feeling slightly awkward, we just chatted about this and that for a bit.

Later in the day, we had a slow dance which ended up with the two of us in my room making out. She was a totally different girl again - open, fun and great company. She told me that 'I really wanted you to be on your own this weekend.' and that she knew 'There was always something between us.' Anyways, it didn't end up with sex (I refused, saying 'I don't think we should right now, as much as I want to.' - and believe me I did!!) I basically said no because she seemed so up and down emotionally throughout the day - I just didn't want to do anything she might have regretted in the morning. We were together for about 3-4 hours until about 5am in the morning before she finally left for some sleep.

Next morning I talked to her and gave her my number but I didn't take hers - basically because she was obviously mixed up emotionally and I didn't want to push anything. Plus, I wanted her to make the next move, to show she was really interested, bearing in mind the boat incident the previous day. She was asking all kinds of questions like when I was back from my holiday (I was on holiday for a couple of weeks almost straight away).

When I got back from holiday, I got her number from my best friend and gave her a call, left a message asking how she was and saying that I hope I see her soon and for her to give me a call.

Then - nothing! She didn't reply and hasn't even mentioned me to her brother since the wedding. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not heartbroken, but I am dissappointed - I really thought there was something quite strong between us. I guess I was wrong ... I also feel slightly strange about being around her brother now - that I hit on her, got rejected (kind of). Just feels a bit strange.

What do people think - did I come on too strong? Did I read too much into it? Or was I just a 'bit of fun' for her that weekend?

Like I say, I'm not heartbroken, and am not sitting here in tears writing this, just a little confused! Any female insights would be appreciated!!

King Zarathu Guest
    you SERIOUSLY need to check out my F&C attitude thread lol here's the link: [url]http://www.loveforum.net/t4252-how-to--generate-an-attraction-from-a-girl.html[/url]

you seem to be really mature but funny--and i admire that we have some of the same traits LOVE IT BRO!

nahhhh man just enjoy urself. don't sweat over a girl, and remember that all emotions are a choice. just keep tryin', COMMUNICATE WITH HER!!!!!! basically just read off your thread to her, tell her everything you feel, it'll pay off.
    Last edited by King Zarathu; 03-11-04 at 07:45 AM.

Hmm, i really like the way you went about everything. It's really cool how you handled it nicely done. You didn't read too much into it. Just seems like she was giving off a different vibe, than i guess she wanted to? You didn't come off to strong either. The way you went about it was just right actually. Like joking with her about the key, it's funny, and kinda telling her how you feel, but not pushing something, since it's a joke. but, yea, if she doesn't call you back, i wouldn't even mess with it.

"In the future, everyone will be famous for 15 minutes..." -Andy Warhol

King Zarathu Guest
    then just go to a family reunion to meet a woman..

ahhh sorry dude it's a texas redneck thing

i hear ya....cept people aren't TOO redneckish down here in old san antonio...but it can get bad in dallas

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve2004
    i hear ya....cept people aren't TOO redneckish down here in old san antonio...but it can get bad in dallas
    OMG!! I WILL KILL YOU!

ur in san antonio? heh heh sweeeet not too far off i've been a few times to take my lazy ass to seaworld and ride that mafaka roller coaster lol

Quote Originally Posted by LTsK8eR2gO
    OMG!! I WILL KILL YOU!

ur in san antonio? heh heh sweeeet not too far off i've been a few times to take my lazy ass to seaworld and ride that mafaka roller coaster lol
    lol, my sister lives in dallas, i go there quite often actually.

Cheers for the replies guys. She is a great girl but I honestly think that I've done enough chasing. If she wanted to persue it any further I think she would have done ...

Shame tho ...