+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Want to show her I care - worried I'm goofing around too much

Want to show her I care - worried I'm goofing around too much

Alright so I've been seeing this girl for about 4 weeks and it's been going really well...we've been having a lot of fun. I have a lot of fun hanging out with her and I really like making her laugh. We aren't official yet, but it's kind of heading that direction...I sort of feel like she wants me to 'try' harder to win her over though. I feel like she deserves it, too. I've heard her tell her friends she's into 'funny' guys so it's come pretty easy for me so far.

She constantly harps on me for not being romantic enough...not opening doors for her, not taking her out on enough 'real' dates. She means it, but we also have fun goofing around and making fun of each other so it's not a HUGE deal yet.

I feel like it's getting to the point where I need to do something romantic for her. I feel romantically towards her, but it's just not my natural tendency to be romantic, so even sometimes when I'm being serious she thinks I'm joking. I want to do something that shows her I care, but also comes from the heart and isn't forced. I don't want to do something just because it's what every other guy does...i want to be me!

I'm going to see her tomorrow night...anyone got any ideas for things I could do for her. Doesn't have to be huge, just definitely SOMETHING that shows I put in some effort for her.

Picnics are way better than restaurants. It shows that man put effort into the meal and setting, and they didn't just pay for it.

Well, you ARE opening doors for her and taking her out on real dates, right?

Picnic sounds like a good idea. Since you are A Very Funny Guy, whatever romantic thing you do should be playful and meant to get a few laughs, while being genuine.

Why don't you make her something? Put some effort into it, don't just like fold a piece of notebook paper in half and scribble a happy face on it. Hmm...OH! Oh! Make this: [url=http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=323348.0%3Ball]Love Robot - PAPER CRAFTS, SCRAPBOOKING & ATCs (ARTIST TRADING CARDS)[/url]

If a guy made that for me, I would be his forever.

Okay, dude, you've only been dating her for 4 weeks and she's telling you you're not romantic enough. No offense, but she sounds really bitchy. I think if a girl told me that after 4 weeks, I would say "Excuse me? You're not even officially my girlfriend yet, you don't have the privilege of telling me that or even having my romantic gestures. So cut it out with your impatient attitude and your ridiculous expectations. Relax and enjoy the fireworks, and if you really care, you'll stick around for the grand finale, if you know what I mean." Wink at her and smile when you say the last bit. You'll come off as cocky. And since she is used to guys sucking up to her and making pathetic attempts to impress her, you'll catch her off guard. It's counter-intuitive, but it will show that you have a head on your shoulders.

If she really doesn't like how you are and she's nagging you about that, then she should leave. Some women really do have ridiculous expectations and expect men to be these romantic poets and knights with white horses and shiny armor. It's from reading that Twilight crap and everything else. Don't waste your time making any extra effort, because you'll make your effort when the time is right. My last ex always pounced on me about writing a poem about her. She nagged at me about the same stuff. It wore me out! How can you make an effort when a girl nags and nags? If you force a poem it won't be any good. If you force romance, then it is not true.