+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Perfect Relationship Ended

Perfect Relationship Ended

Ever been broken up with because you relationship had a clear future/was too perfect and your partner wanted experience more before they 'settled down' with you?

all over the place, where ever I'm needed
    Reading this makes me wonder two things
    1) how old are you?
    2) how long where the tow of you together?
    HTML Code:
    http://www.thegetmyexback.com
    visit to get FREE e-book letting you into one secret tip. Find out what never, ever to do if you want your ex back

20. And we were together for 7 months when he ended it. How can you even see 'a future together' to be scared of after just 7 months?

Yeah, he's pretty young - note that most of guys (I'm not saying every guy), but most guys reach emotional stability much later then women do.
    Here is the miss match, you may even be THE girl for him, but he can't see it right now. Or that's what scares him.
    He might come back to if you give him some time off, don't contact him etc, he might start to miss you and worry about what he have done.
    A lot of guys also avoid being tide up into a serious relationship at such young age because they are afraid they might miss some opportunities... I know it hurts now, but not much you can do about that.
    He's immature, he might change if you give him some space.
    HTML Code:
    visit to get FREE e-book letting you into one secret tip. Find out what never, ever to do if you want your ex back

Ha, the phrase 'miss experiences' did come up quite a bit! It just sucks coz it's rare that I let a guy get close enough to form an actual relationship, a self defence thing I do so I don't get hurt. First guy I let in after 3 years and this happens! Oh well. This was a little while ago that it happened, about a year ago actually, I was just wondering if it's happened to anyone else. We're still friends now, been friends on and off since we broke up, I'm just starting to want more again.

He's done loads experience-wise since our relationship ended, and he's the type of guy that hates girls that lie/play games... a lot of which he got after me. I guess I'm just wondering if he's still 'experiencing' or if he's ready to stop being messed about/messing me about and be with me again.

Lol I might be really naiive but I never thought someone would break up with me because I was too perfect for them.

But I can't exactly say, 'hey, fancy giving it another go with the girl you know you're meant to be with although you felt like it was throwing your life away'?

Sure they would. Some guys are really scared about getting hurt. And that doesn't sound like something they can admit, does ti? I left a girl once cause of that - she had EVERY LITTLE THING I could ever dream about, but it just was not the right time. At the moment I got out of a serious relationship and I wanted to be on my own.
    How is the friendship thing working out for you? In case he's not ready to let go of his freedom will you be able to keep hanging out as friends with him?
    HTML Code:

The friendship is going ok at the moment, it can be up and down though. We used to hook up every now and then but that turned me into someone that neither of us liked so we stopped that. We don't hang out though, because everytime we did it would lead somewhere so we just talk on msn or bbm these days. I really miss him in my life though. But I don't think he is where I am emotionally, i.e. he's still enjoying his freedom so being friends is quite difficult.

Do you ever regret breaking up with her?

Must say, I've also noticed that can be really hard, being friends with someone you have feelings for - or are not sure what you feel, but isn't it harder to really lose that one person from your life entirely?

And yeah I did - big time. But it was way too late then and nothing could have been done. She found a great guy and was really happy with him and I spend my days kicking my self, LOL. We're friends now but if I knew then what I know now I would have done it differently. Just wrong timing, you know?
    HTML Code:

Exactly. Ive tried to not have him in my life at all, it worked for about a month, but its almost impossible to let go of someone you had such a bond with. It was one of those best friends/boyfriend and girlfriend type relationship. When you put it like that I guess it was a lot to handle.

I really hope that it doesnt go that way for us coz as much as I get that he needs time to be him and experience other things etc, I dont want us to lose something great. I mean he was a virgin when we met so it really is totally understandable him wanting to split (not saying I was happy about it lol) but I think we can still really have something. Im not the type to say 'we could have been together forever' or 'he was the one I wanted to marry' cause that sounds way to final, even for me. It was more of the case that whenever I looked toward my future, he was there with me.

Or is that just me being clingy and unwilling to let go? I've never been able to tell the difference.

Lol you never know whats gonna happen in the future, you could still get her back!