+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why do some women have extra-marital affairs?

Why do some women have extra-marital affairs?

When I was married, my wife cheated on me with another man. She never gave me a clear explanation as to why, but over the years after talking to men and women about relationships, I came up with 3 reasons why I feel some women have extra-marital affairs:

A: She wants variety. She already has the safety and convenience of a committed relationship, and the sex is good. But she's getting bored with having sex with the same man all the time and she simply wants to have experiences with other men, without jeopardizing her current relationship.

B: The sex isn't good. Outside of bed, he's loving, compassionate, and listens to her. But in bed he's impotent, he's not good at what he does, or he doesn't want to have sex as often as she does, leaving her unfulfilled. He's a good husband and partner, but not a good lover.

C: The sex IS good, but there's no emotional bonding. In bed, he knows what to say and do to cause her to feel sweet sensations all over. But outside of bed he's cold, demeaning and inconsiderate of her feelings. He's a good lover, but not a good husband and partner.

I know this doesn't cover every possible reason why a woman would have an extra-marital affair, but based on my experience from talking to others, I find these are the most common.

Ladies, I'm asking if you would arrange these in order from most common to least common (example: BCA, or ACB, etc.), based on your personal views and talks you've had with other women. Please add in other <popular> reasons that I might not be aware of. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin32 View Post
    When I was married, my wife cheated on me with another man. She never gave me a clear explanation as to why, but over the years after talking to men and women about relationships, I came up with 3 reasons why I feel some women have extra-marital affairs:

A: She wants variety. She already has the safety and convenience of a committed relationship, and the sex is good. But she's getting bored with having sex with the same man all the time and she simply wants to have experiences with other men, without jeopardizing her current relationship.

B: The sex isn't good. Outside of bed, he's loving, compassionate, and listens to her. But in bed he's impotent, he's not good at what he does, or he doesn't want to have sex as often as she does, leaving her unfulfilled. He's a good husband and partner, but not a good lover.

C: The sex IS good, but there's no emotional bonding. In bed, he knows what to say and do to cause her to feel sweet sensations all over. But outside of bed he's cold, demeaning and inconsiderate of her feelings. He's a good lover, but not a good husband and partner.

I know this doesn't cover every possible reason why a woman would have an extra-marital affair, but based on my experience from talking to others, I find these are the most common.

Ladies, I'm asking if you would arrange these in order from most common to least common (example: BCA, or ACB, etc.), based on your personal views and talks you've had with other women. Please add in other <popular> reasons that I might not be aware of. Thanks.
    Wow I am so sorry to hear that, crap happens and also here in Australia.

I can guarantee if you had $50,000,000 in your bank account she would not of done it, I find these days $$$$ attracts women more so than sex.

men cheat way more then women would.

But i once knew a black girl in my office who was cheating with a white guy, her black husband had no idea. The funny thing is she even had a kid, i am not sure why would she do this.

I would say... none of these B, A, C.... but I don't think these reasons are that good. You can't always fit the reason into a category. I think some women look to cheat whenever they are put in a stressful situations, while others may be miserable and unhappy but always stay faithful. If you keep thinking about the why not only will you not ever really know the answer, but you will keep dwelling on it.

Women cheat for the same reasons men do.

A douche-bag is a douche-bag regardless of gender.

Ladies thanks for responding. I just needed a woman's perspective on this.
    Last edited by kevin32; 25-09-10 at 10:13 AM.

Kevin, typically, women cheat because they're not getting something from their men, most likely an emotional bond. It rarely is about the sex.

It's hard to answer this, different women have different reasons.....
    some want a man that can listen to them because their husbands do not,
    but most of the time I would say its just for sex.

i think it has a lot to do with the seduction and excitment of an affair. something that is secret is always going to have that element of danger and risk that some women want.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Humans are horny creatures who crave variety. That's all there is to it.

I love fillet mignon. I'd get bored sick of it if that's all I could ever have. That's what it really comes down to. The sex doesn't have to be better or worse, it just hast to fulfill the craving for something different. Sometimes I don't want fillet mignon. Sometimes I catch a whiff of hamburgers on the grill and there's nothing I want more. Are hamburgers better than a rare juicy fillet mignon? Hell no. But give me one of those today, a tuna tempura roll tomorrow, some shrimp scampi the day after, and maybe I'll return to the fillet mignon next weekend.
    Last edited by Gribble; 28-09-10 at 05:53 PM.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by shammi View Post
    men cheat way more then women would.
    TRUE!

You would find that women are more likely to cheat and if they are not getting attention (he is taking her for granted) from their husband/partner....rather than wanting VARIETY

Very few will cheat, just for sex and because for the majority of females to have sex, we have to be 'emotionally' bonded to a man. Men will cheat for sex - they do not have to be emotionally bonded to a woman to have sex with her. The reasons for cheating are rarely the same....men and women are different. Men are motivated by sex...women are motivated by feelings.
    Last edited by xxazurexx; 29-09-10 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    Humans are horny creatures who crave variety. That's all there is to it.
    Men more so.....

Quote Originally Posted by kats86 View Post
    but most of the time I would say its just for sex.

Load of shit...

How old are you?

I like how he said "When" I was married. Good man, good man.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    You would find that women are more likely to cheat and if they are not getting attention (he is taking her for granted) from their husband/partner....rather than wanting VARIETY
    Women often try to justify it and shift the blame to the person they're betraying. Which is pretty damn despicable. At least if you confront a guy he'll turn into a pathetic, weepy little twat and beg forgiveness. A woman will you it's somehow your fault.

Women are actually pretty close to tied (and rising) in the adultery department. The sexes aren't quite so different as they'd like to imagine. Women are horny, too. Just less overtly, and turned on by different stimuli
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein