+ Follow This Topic

Thread: HELP, I just caught my husband cheating

HELP, I just caught my husband cheating

just found out my husband of 10 year has been cheating on me with a younger woman. He met her over Ashleymadison.com
    I saw the text messages on his phone one day and found the missing credit card statements in his office garbage can. I‘m so torn right now. I don‘t know what to do.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That's not the best advertisement of a dating site I have ever seen. I mean, you say people go there to cheat. Booooo . come up with something better you spamming bitch.
    I wazzzz here

Quote Originally Posted by flowerlotus View Post
    just found out my husband of 10 year has been cheating on me with a younger woman. He met her over Ashleymadison.com
    I saw the text messages on his phone one day and found the missing credit card statements in his office garbage can. I‘m so torn right now. I don‘t know what to do.
    I'm very sorry to hear that

My best advice, and perhaps I'm not the best placed person to give it (my only qualification is being a guy), is to talk to him about it asap. Find out the reason why he cheated from him; there are a million reasons why he might have, and 900,000 of them will have nothing to do with anything you've done or failed to do. My advice is not to confront him in an angry way, though you have every right to convey how upset, betrayed, used etc you feel

Try not to let the situation play over and over in your head, it will just upset and frustrate you even more, understandably so. If keeping the marriage intact and strong is your main goal, then be as rational and pragmatic as you can in dealing with it.

Try not to concentrate on the who or the how of the affair, concentrate on what will strengthen your marriage and ensure it doesn't happen again. Evaluate what's important to you, talk to your husband with that in mind.

My advice would also be not to let him play dumb and say sorry and make up. If he's got to the point of cheating, then there are some real, serious issues you need to discuss, and work on, so that you can move forward with your life and your marriage.

A guy's natural instinct will be to say whatever will get him out of the doghouse quickest. Don't let him get away that easily, but (and I know its hard considering the circumstances), don't berate the hell out of him. It will likely push him away. But be sure to find out the reasons, to find out how you can resolve the issue. If he truly opens up about this and seems really willing to work on this, then you know that finding out now was far better than getting served 5 years from now with divorce papers.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Don't produce yourself... It's just a spam...
    I wazzzz here

Quote Originally Posted by Petit Papillon View Post
    That's not the best advertisement of a dating site I have ever seen. I mean, you say people go there to cheat. Booooo . come up with something better you spamming bitch.
    Lol, did I get taken in? Hopefully its just a coincidence it seemed like an ad, otherwise I'll store away my advice for future reference lol

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Advice for the future... If you see that someone writes their first post with a link to a dating site to it... It's spam... ALWAYS.
    Some evolved spammers first write 10 or 15 normal posts and then post spam
    I wazzzz here