+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pregnant girlfriend cheated, please help.

You don't have to be with the mother to be a good father to your child. It's a harder way to parent, but you can still be a good dad.

Just note that if you decide not to be a part of the kids life and she chooses to let someone else father your child that's a decision that you'll have to live with for the rest of your life.

My biological parents divorced when I was a baby. My sperm donor (biological father) decided not to stick around. My mom remarried when I was 5 to a man that I now consider my Dad. I love him, until I get married he'll be the #1 guy in my life. My biological father tried to contact me a while back but he's a stranger and I have no desire to get to know him. I already have a Dad.

Just giving you a possible glimpse into your kids future.

Quote Originally Posted by LailaK View Post
    You don't have to be with the mother to be a good father to your child. It's a harder way to parent, but you can still be a good dad.

Just note that if you decide not to be a part of the kids life and she chooses to let someone else father your child that's a decision that you'll have to live with for the rest of your life.

My biological parents divorced when I was a baby. My sperm donor (biological father) decided not to stick around. My mom remarried when I was 5 to a man that I now consider my Dad. I love him, until I get married he'll be the #1 guy in my life. My biological father tried to contact me a while back but he's a stranger and I have no desire to get to know him. I already have a Dad.

Just giving you a possible glimpse into your kids future.
    This is what I am worried about. No matter how much I try and be there for my child, if she gets shacked up with someone else my baby will consider him as the father and I'll just be some guy that visits twice a week or whatever. This is what is destroying me and your comment just confims how it's going to be for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary213 View Post
    This is what I am worried about. No matter how much I try and be there for my child, if she gets shacked up with someone else my baby will consider him as the father and I'll just be some guy that visits twice a week or whatever. This is what is destroying me and your comment just confims how it's going to be for me.
    you don't even know if it's your kid. Your "woman" doesn't exactly have a great track record of being faithful

Take a moment to read my comment carefully.

My biological father chose not to be a part of my life. I haven't seen him since I was 2 or 3 years old. I don't remember him.

Your relationship with your kid is up to you. Petition for joint custody and even if you only get partial make a point to be a loving, strong and positive male figure in your kids life. If you do this your kid will love you. It's up to you. She can't do anything about it. The relationship is between you and your kid.

Also, if your worried about it being yours, take her to court and get a paternity test. Once the baby is born I'm not sure she can stop you.

WOOOWWWW, thats a hard one.

Two things stand out, 1) "I am absolutely distraught that she would disgrace herself and our baby by sleeping with someone else and I dont know what to do." and 2) "She says she was confused, emotional and that it was a mistake but admits there were or are some feelings there for the other man."

Dude, this situation REALLY suck . . . I would dump her and make her get an abortion and get a girl who actually LOVES you . . . that behaviour is just unacceptable and think about what she could do when the kid is born? Emotional, confused, mistake? Those are not excuses, she's obviously not worth your time and with that attitude she shouldn't really be having a baby anyways.

If you go through with the kid PATERNITY TEST! last thing you need is child support for someone else's kid . . . who knows? Cheating is one thing, while pregnant is completely disturbing.
    Last edited by Agape; 09-10-10 at 11:22 AM.

baby don't deserve this.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

if its your baby,play you want to be with her well,get your baby then dump her,if i were you i would do like that

You have just forgiven a woman that got pregnant 2 days after breaking up with you? That's REAL STUPID!
    I would just ignore her for the rest of her miserable days!
    But you accepted her back, got her pregnant again, now face the consequences.
    She's having your baby maybe to lock into you or to find some stability in her troubled life/mind. If you don't want this kid make her abort again unless you want be dragged to sh*t with her.
    Get a grip man.
    "E ao imenso e possível oceano
    Ensinam estas Quinas, que aqui vês,
    Que o mar com fim será grego ou romano:
    O mar sem fim é português."

Gary213, where have you been?

Is there no way you could convince whatever means of a social worker she is an unfit mother, and if not the baby gets given to you, at least into an adoptive family? Things here are slightly sticky.
    Give me something I can take,
    Can take to make the memories fade.
    Poison kiss, remember this,
    I never was meant for this day.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123