+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Unhappy. All a Matter of Perspective? Or Do I Just Fail At Life?

id be surprised if your personality attracted anybody.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Happiness is not a perspective. Don't believe that lie. Tell a kid who is starving and dying that the reason he is unhappy is because he simply chooses so and I will gladly believe that those who say that believe in that lie. Your happiness and unhappiness is dependent on how your environment and the people in it treat you.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianonLI View Post
    I find it highly amusing how, when I speak incontrovertible truth, the naysayers grow silent. I know you all don't agree with me, so brainwashed are thee.
    I want to give you advice but I don't know what to say. Sounds more like you are looking for pity instead. My life isn't great either and am coming to realization that very little is actually worth fighting for.

if you have a direct line to God I would appreciate if you could phone in that miracle I need because He's otherwise not listening to my prayers.
    That douche bags phone lines have been out for years. Don't bother. You have better luck getting help here and this is a love forum and not a career services.
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 06-10-10 at 12:15 PM.

if you're in a position to better yourself but choose not to, then you have no reason to complain. I could have easily played video games in my room all day and never become successful with girls. I could have become a garbage man instead of getting into a master's degree program. I could be lazy instead of exercise to stay in shape and be healthy. If you don't like your current situation, then do something about it

.... I am stuck.... I have no skills. I am growing older every day.......Every night I sit at home and do nothing. I browse the internet, watch television and wait.
    ChristianonLI-----Would you be willing to do some self-studying? Even if you don't have spare money, you can still go to the library and borrow books. It's free and you have so much to choose from. You can learn lots of stuff just by reading it up on your own. Choose a topic that interests you and try and learn as much as you can. You're probably not feeling very motivated because your brain is rusty. Once you get it going again, by studying, you'll feel much better!

You all say it's possible to better oneself so easily. "Just do it." "Only you are standing in your way." For any previous generation these statements would of course apply but things today are vastly different. To further a reference to Africa, the tens of millions of starving people there cannot pull themselves put of their decrepit poverty simply by following stupid platitudes like "only you are holding yourself back." No. It is not their laziness holding them back, it is the immutable and unavoidable reality of their environment. For me it is no different only the environmental factors aren't crippling starvation, AIDS and war but a severely depressed economy, a rapidly shrinking middle class and decades of an American dream that espoused home ownership and marriage as the pinnacles of success in society and both being interdependent of the other. Both of which I will never have so long as I don't find a way to bring in $100,000 a year.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I am sort of offended by how he just put down overweight people.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

You all say it's possible to better oneself so easily. "Just do it." "Only you are standing in your way." For any previous generation these statements would of course apply but things today are vastly different. To further a reference to Africa, the tens of millions of starving people there cannot pull themselves put of their decrepit poverty simply by following stupid platitudes like "only you are holding yourself back." No. It is not their laziness holding them back, it is the immutable and unavoidable reality of their environment. For me it is no different only the environmental factors aren't crippling starvation, AIDS and war but a severely depressed economy, a rapidly shrinking middle class and decades of an American dream that espoused home ownership and marriage as the pinnacles of success in society and both being interdependent of the other. Both of which I will never have so long as I don't find a way to bring in $100,000 a year.
    that's a bunch of bullshit and you know it. You live in the US - not Africa. There are so many opportunities all around you. So stop making excuses and trivializing the suffering of many Africans by comparing your situation to theirs. I was making more money as a personal trainer than you do now, and personal training doesn't require a college degree. If you want to get an education to better your situation but cannot afford schooling, then take out a loan. If you can't even do that, then join the army and save up

If you couldn't even get yourself to go to classes when you were in university, I'm sorry to say you might not have it in you to make more of your life. You were right where you wanted to be ever since you were younger, and still you did stupid sh*t instead of going to class? That's just.. well not smart. What makes you think you'd do better now?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    this situation really sheds light on why a woman would leave you.

Everyone sounds like a stupid motivational speaker. I can't stop laughing.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    not me! i think he is doomed.

I find your most recent comments especially hurtful, Sonrisa. Same to you, Misombra, from earlier in the thread. I have not lashed out at anyone, merely offered counter-arguments to the points made by those who replied. I am fully aware of the chance I squandered in the late 90s at the university but that surely does not summarize who I am as a person or the dedication I put into a relationship. Nor does it warrant direct attacks on me.

None of you live on Long Island. However, if you live in California or Connecticut then you will have an idea of the situation I am in financially and how difficult it would be for me to establish myself as a successful member of society based off the limited education I possess. And until you have been presented with the futility that I deal with on a daily basis I really don't think empty and generalized advice pulled out of a self help book will do any good.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I find your most recent comments especially hurtful, Sonrisa. Same to you, Misombra, from earlier in the thread. I have not lashed out at anyone, merely offered counter-arguments to the points made by those who replied. I am fully aware of the chance I squandered in the late 90s at the university but that surely does not summarize who I am as a person or the dedication I put into a relationship. Nor does it warrant direct attacks on me.

None of you live on Long Island. However, if you live in California or Connecticut then you will have an idea of the situation I am in financially and how difficult it would be for me to establish myself as a successful member of society based off the limited education I possess. And until you have been presented with the futility that I deal with on a daily basis I really don't think empty and generalized advice pulled out of a self help book will do any good.
    blah, i am in California. I have 7 grades as far as education goes, am older than you, going to college now. and am pretty financially stable.

Well then you at least understand the cost of living which I am presented with. Could someone with a 2 year associate's in science/philosophy working 40 hours a week and making $20,000 a year find a way to survive in California? And could such a person, being so far down the totem pole of society, ever find a woman who is both intelligent and attractive or would they just be forced to settle on someone of inferior quality for sake of not being alone?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well then you at least understand the cost of living which I am presented with. Could someone with a 2 year associate's in science/philosophy working 40 hours a week and making $20,000 a year find a way to survive in California? And could such a person, being so far down the totem pole of society, ever find a woman who is both intelligent and attractive or would they just be forced to settle on someone of inferior quality for sake of not being alone?
    all i have to say is that if had an AA degree i would be making twice as much as i do now. and the only reason why you are making 20k is because you've allowed yourself to be lazy and not consider other options.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast