+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Unhappy. All a Matter of Perspective? Or Do I Just Fail At Life?

If I did, would I be here?

OP, why don't you join the army? There are opportunities to be had and you could save up money to go back to school. As much as I prefer not serving in the army, I would rather that than be in your current situation

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonandfork View Post
    OP, why don't you join the army? There are opportunities to be had and you could save up money to go back to school. As much as I prefer not serving in the army, I would rather that than be in your current situation
    I came from a home where there were three kids and one bedroom. We were poor and it showed. Joining the Air Force turned my life around. I only spend 4 years in, but those four years prepared me socially, financially, and gave me experience. It was vital to me being to well adjusted housewife I am today (seriously).

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    or how about enrolling in some college classes? community colleges have tons of losers like you. (sarcastic)
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

It's a touching suggestion but I would never join any branch of the armed forces. I have no desire to die or have another person's life depend on me making the right decision. Nor do I have any desire to spend a few months in a training camp getting screamed at. I just want my old life back. You all want me to feel better about myself? Turn back time.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristianonLI View Post
    You all want me to feel better about myself? Turn back time.
    I think this is the crux of your problem. You don't seem to want to accept that part of being a grown-up is having to do what is necessary to support yourself, so you would rather revert back to being a child so your momma and daddy can continue taking care of you. Women of any value do not want to be saddled with boys disguised as men. Don't you think it's time to grow up?
    Last edited by vashti; 08-10-10 at 10:14 AM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I'm not looking to go that far back, Vash. I'd much rather go back to about 2 years ago when all was well with my relationship so that I could start making the changes to myself THEN that would have not led her to secretly cheat on me during our time engaged and then married. If I could have at least showed her I cared about my financial future things might have turned out the way they were supposed to and I wouldn't be sitting here angry at the fact that awful woman is loving her life with her new boyfriend when she should be sitting here with me the way she vowed she would.

Some people here put up good point but he shouldn't have to fight for someone elses cause or be some grunt just because he is poor. I wouldn't go to the military because of a few reasons, if he is anything like me the second some drill fag would yell at me I would yell back. I don't take shit from nobody, you can try and kill me if you want but I'm not taking your shit. This would probably leave me where I started with the addition of course of having being booted out of the military on the record. Don't want to fight for old stupid men in politics.
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 08-10-10 at 10:19 AM.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Get some classes, man. Figure out something you're interested in and go to night school. You can have something to show for yourself in two years.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

You guys aren't really getting it. I want to be successful in life doing exactly what I've been doing all along because I am doing nothing different from the rest of you. I work an honest 40 hours a week, I'm good at what I do and I am a genuinely good person. There is no reason on Earth that I should be toeing the poverty line and be wholly incapable of attracting high quality women. None whatsoever.

Yet all of you are getting exactly what you want out of life. All of you are succeeding and leading happy, fulfilled lives while I get nothing. How is that fair?

I have no interest in learning a trade, or joining the armed forces, or taking classes of any kind to learn a field because NOTHING interests me but finding a high quality woman to fall in love with again and make the universe right again. It's the only thing that can fix my life. Yet, all I attract are fat and ugly women.

Let's take the last few weeks as example. So far in the last month I've met 4 women from a dating site. One was 42 with 4 kids and not very attractive and she was nuts about me, thus requiring I avoid contact with her because I don't want to be with her. The other is a 28 year old kind of fat and ugly jewish girl who never wears makeup, never does her nails and is decidedly tomboyish. She's into me too and while she's nice I'm not actively pursuing her. The other two are very attractive yet...surprise! Neither of them want anything to do with me. One kind of chats with me from time to time but avoids any mention of setting up a first date and the other, after having a very engaging conversation with me a few days ago, mysteriously stopped replying to me altogether in spite of me having said nothing strange. So out of those 4, what am I left with? The fat tomboy chick? Really? HOW IS THAT FAIR? This just proves my whole thesis on women that the more beautiful they are the more picky they are and the more delusional they are in thinking they are entitled to only the very best men in regards to wealth, power and looks.

So I'm stuck talking to an unattractive tomboy with a hideous muffin top because that's all I am apparently allowed to have. While the rest of you get exactly what you want out of life I am left on the sidelines expected to pick up the scraps. It all just feels way too coincidental to be my own fault. So who's to blame? Society? Women specifically? God? It's someone's fault and I know it isn't mine.

This is what money does to good people. It secludes them. I'm all for a resource based economy but nobody is listening lol.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No, you aren't doing exactly the same thing as we are. You work at 7-11 and you're satisfied. It's an honest living and it's hard work. But you said so yourself, it doesn't pay for crap. You've got no benefits. You live in your parents' basement. That isn't good enough.

I started out in the same boat. We all did. But I wasn't satisfied. That's the difference between us. If all you're interested in is finding a high quality woman to fall in love with then you should be interested in finding a trade. You're going to have a very difficult time finding anyone while working for minimum wage. Money is important. What's this high quality woman, who has high quality suitors, going to do? Marry you and have kids? How are you all going to feed them? Welfare? Or is she going to be the sole bread winner?

You got to think about things like that because you can bet your ass she is. You want a quality woman, make yourself a quality man. There are plenty of guys out there who are educated and who have good jobs and who can be every bit as sweet and caring as you. Why should she compromise?

It is your fault. Until you realize that you're going to be on the sidelines waiting for a lucky break. It could happen. Or you fix yourself up and make it happen. Your choice.
    Last edited by Gribble; 08-10-10 at 12:03 PM.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

^^^ well said. The OP is delusional if he thinks any quality woman will want to marry and have kids with a guy earning minimum wage at 7-11 and living in his parent's basement

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristianonLI View Post

Yet all of you are getting exactly what you want out of life. All of you are succeeding and leading happy, fulfilled lives while I get nothing. How is that fair?
    What a crock.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    No, you aren't doing exactly the same thing as we are. You work at 7-11 and you're satisfied. It's an honest living and it's hard work. But you said so yourself, it doesn't pay for crap. You've got no benefits. You live in your parents' basement. That isn't good enough.

I started out in the same boat. We all did. But I wasn't satisfied. That's the difference between us. If all you're interested in is finding a high quality woman to fall in love with then you should be interested in finding a trade. You're going to have a very difficult time finding anyone while working for minimum wage. Money is important. What's this high quality woman, who has high quality suitors, going to do? Marry you and have kids? How are you all going to feed them? Welfare? Or is she going to be the sole bread winner?

You got to think about things like that because you can bet your ass she is. You want a quality woman, make yourself a quality man. There are plenty of guys out there who are educated and who have good jobs and who can be every bit as sweet and caring as you. Why should she compromise?

It is your fault. Until you realize that you're going to be on the sidelines waiting for a lucky break. It could happen. Or you fix yourself up and make it happen. Your choice.
    You can claim a thin line between love and relationships like this. Some seek to fill a void in their life with love and others are looking for a partner to share money with to start a family like you say. The funny thing is guys who have money, and I mean serious money ( I know a few) abuse the fact that women are looking for guys like them. Women enter relationships with them in hopes of a life of luxury and happiness and it is all an Illusion just like that money's value. They have a girlfriend for a while till they get tired of her and move on to the next. I see this all the time. Specially one of my friends who is from the Arab countries promises the entire wedding and everything to them. Gets him what he wants, but he needs that net that money is. Not saying that what you say isn't true, if anything I agree with it...just sharing an observation of how some people abuse this "need" people have from others.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast