+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Relationship Conflict

Relationship Conflict

Hello everyone! My name is Silerphix and I have joined this forum for advice on a new relationship I have formed during my vacation visit at Cuba.

The situation all started when I went on my last trip to Cuba which was back in June of 2010. It was very interesting because I wanted to come back and visit the family I love so much there, and to show my ex-fiancee who I dated for 7 years that even without her, I will still come back for my family. However, she came over to the house that me and my mother was staying and we spoke for a good half hour about the relationship and what happened. To make a long story short, her reasons were just a sorry excuse that she wanted another man besides me, and took measures into marrying him behind my back to validate the relationship. However, I breathed in deeply and told her I will move on from what she did, but never forgive her for it and that if she wants to come by the house to help my cousins and aunt, she's free to come. Just don't expect for me to be so warm to you based on what you did and the excuse you gave me.

So after that, I decided to spend the rest of the time just having fun and going out with my older cousin Daniel to various places and the beach. A day later after oversleeping at my aunt's house, someone came by the house with two women. One woman was his girlfriend and the other was for me to fool around with and possibly date if I was interested enough. She is a lot older than I am, but I felt I needed some experience from an older woman in order to move on from the past and enter the present. I am 24 and she is 33 basically. So, we went out on a double date all four of us and I got to know my woman a lot more and became really attracted to her. Unlike the typical hook up woman, she really sounded human to me and only came with us because she recently left a guy who broke her heart into a million pieces and needed a way out too. We related on that level and several other levels that I took it up a notch and rented two apartments for my friend and his girlfriend and then my and my woman.

We got really intimate and got to know each other at an even deeper level and once the night was over, I really fell head over heels for her and wanted to see her again. Long story short, I started seeing her more often during my vacation and got so close to her that I exchanged my email address with her along with her email address to keep in contact. That's when we developed a real relationship together and I came back this September to Cuba to see her again and tried working out a plan to see her more often than I can possibly can. If it means working there temporarily, I'll gladly do it. Just as long as she's with me.

I apologize for the long story, but I needed to explain the situation in a crystal clear matter. The problem I am encountering now is my parents are against my relationship with her because she's older and I am younger, and once they found out she has a child, they were more against it than ever. I know what the consequences of my actions can be and the potential confrontations I can come across with my girlfriend's child. I actually met him on September, and he seems to respect the fact that me and her are in a relationship and he wishes for nothing more than respect of space between him and his mother if they needed it. That's been worked out, but my parents and many others as well keep on insisting I hook up with more women and keep on hooking up until I find a younger girl for myself. I refuse to do this not only because I am in a relationship, but because I have many morals and values for myself. I am not some player who hooks up with every girl he sees or hooks up to just pass the time. That's just not me. All my relationships were long term for a reason and I rather keep a connection with my women than being a shallow pimp who just is in it for the pleasure and time. I just don't know what to do...

Is your family going to disown you if you keep dating her or something?

Tell them to mind their own business. You're an adult, right? You can't live your life trying to please your family.

I am there but I am younger than you (21) group a backbone. You are an adult,tell family to stop.

This is true because it always seem that people want to make decisions for me, especially my family. Thanks for the input because I thought I was doing something wrong for dating her and putting an effort into a relationship that can potentially become serious in which case I have to figure out a way to be closer to her. I just hope my family becomes more supportive if this relationship goes on further.