+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What i the likelihood of a doctor agreeing to sterilize me when I'm not married.....

What i the likelihood of a doctor agreeing to sterilize me when I'm not married.....

What is the likelihood of a doctor agreeing to sterilize me (tubal or Essure) when I am not married and have never been pregnant before? Thanks!

zero percent

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonandfork View Post
    zero percent
    Wonderful! So I am doomed to use hormonal birth control which causes unwanted symptoms for the rest of my reproductive life??? That's a bunch of bull if there ever was some! I have known for a long time now that I don't want any children. Why on earth should I be refused sterilization???

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think it depends on how old you are. In your 20s? Forget it. No ethical physician will touch you. But if you are in your mid 30s or older? I don't see a problem.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetiepie69 View Post
    Wonderful! So I am doomed to use hormonal birth control which causes unwanted symptoms for the rest of my reproductive life??? That's a bunch of bull if there ever was some! I have known for a long time now that I don't want any children. Why on earth should I be refused sterilization???
    judging by your reaction, it would appear you're still young. So I highly doubt any respectable physician would sterilize you at your age (especially if you've never had kids). There are alternative choices like condoms and abstinence. Frankly, I'm concerned that you seem more inconvenienced with preventing unwanted pregnancies than you are about STDs

to answer your question, it's because people like you are the same idiots (no offense) who later change their minds and then sue their surgeon for making them unable to have kids
    Last edited by Spoonandfork; 04-10-10 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I think it depends on how old you are. In your 20s? Forget it. No ethical physician will touch you. But if you are in your mid 30s or older? I don't see a problem.
    I am 28 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonandfork View Post
    judging by your reaction, it would appear you're still young. So I highly doubt any respectable physician would sterilize you at your age (especially if you've never had kids). There are alternative choices like condoms and abstinence. Frankly, I'm concerned that you seem more inconvenienced with preventing unwanted pregnancies than you are about STDs

to answer your question, it's because people like you are the same idiots (no offense) who later change their minds and then sue their surgeon for making them unable to have kids
    Well, I understand that and all but believe me, I've thought about this long and hard. I've known for a good 4 or 5 years now that I don't want any kids.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I doubt an ethical doctor would do it. That said, if you look hard enough, you could probably find someone. I advise against it, though.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Hmmm. I've never heard of a doctor refusing to sterilize someone before. I got snipped at 21. Why is it different for women?
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    Hmmm. I've never heard of a doctor refusing to sterilize someone before. I got snipped at 21. Why is it different for women?
    Most doctors wouldn't have done you at 21, either. People tend to be sorry about permanent decisions they make at such a young age, and they often don't think about how they would react if they fell in love with someone who WANTED children.

However, vasectomy reversals CAN be done. That's not the case with tubal ligations, so far as I know.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Lol I just found out that vasectomy is illegal in Poland :p It's possible to be done just because of serious medical reasons
    I wazzzz here

Not wanting a f*cking kid is a serious medical reason in my book, LOL. Unless their population is declining they should be ashamed.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Most doctors wouldn't have done you at 21, either. People tend to be sorry about permanent decisions they make at such a young age, and they often don't think about how they would react if they fell in love with someone who WANTED children.

However, vasectomy reversals CAN be done. That's not the case with tubal ligations, so far as I know.
    Its funny that you say that. My doctor asked me if he should leave a little for a possible future reversal. I said "nope doc, cut it down to the nut". I was as sure then as I am now that I don't want to father any kids.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why is that? I don't imagine to not want any children at any time... Can't imagine... It's kind of sad :/
    I wazzzz here

I've seen too much and experienced a lot myself. This world is no place to raise children. I used to want kids years ago, but that changed at about 19 or so. There are too many child molesters, child rapists, and others general criminals running around today. It is progressively getting worse too. Less than a hundred years ago people didn't lock their doors, but now there is a need to have a security system, a dog and a gun. I don't know what the OP's reason is, but that is mine.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think you overreact a bit... If everybody would think that way, we all would just commit suicide and die . Earth is not that scary place to live.
    I wazzzz here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast