+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why do people take so long before they have sex?

Why do people take so long before they have sex?

Just curious really. I"m surprised that so many people seem to wait such a long time before having sex. Is there something wrong with having sex on a first, second or third date if you feel like it?
    Discuss.

I think you are wrong. I think most have sex too soon and which is why young girls are pumping child after child out and in the UK. At the school gates, you have kids waiting for their kids to finish school. Is it different elsewhere in the world?

xxazurexx i think your going off the point of the main post, whilst i agree that the age of pregnancy in the UK can be frightenly low, the original poster means just on first few dates is it wrong to have sex, being safe or not.

I think it depends on the people, if two people are really falling for eachother, i think jumping straight into sex is for the worse, i think they should get to know eachothers needs and personalities before sex.

I'm not talking about early in sense of age but in terms of the time people have spent together before getting it on. From reading postings on here it seems that many people wait months before having sex. Why wait?

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    With my first bf I've waited about 6 months . I wish I would've waited eternity... With my current bf I didn't even wait a week
    I wazzzz here

Of all the girls I've been with, there was only one who did not sleep with me the day we met and that was my first gf ever (high school). I waited about a year and a half because I was spoonfed all that shit about waiting until marriage for your 'true love', committing adultery is a sin, blah blah blah. Most people have lustful desires and adulterous thoughts, and if tempted enough, with the right seductive technique, they will give in.
    Last edited by doppelgaenger; 05-10-10 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    Just curious really. I"m surprised that so many people seem to wait such a long time before having sex. Is there something wrong with having sex on a first, second or third date if you feel like it?
    Discuss.
    If we lived in a world of pure logic and no emotion, there would be no harm in random hookups, friends with benefits, or first date sex, as long as everybody used protection.

But some people get emotional about sex, so they are more careful about who they have sex with and how soon.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

I'm married but if I were single I would probably have sex on the first date if the guy was my type. I'm almost 30, I don't want to play games, and I want to enjoy life. I would use a condom every time though.
    Many women hold out because we know men like the thrill of the chase. Once we give it up early a man isn't as likely to want to come back around.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkle_jello View Post
    Many women hold out because we know men like the thrill of the chase. Once we give it up early a man isn't as likely to want to come back around.
    Perhaps I'm not like most men 'cos she invited me into her bed on our 2nd date and I thought that was just great - made me feel 'wanted'. And I shall definitely come back around

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    Perhaps I'm not like most men 'cos she invited me into her bed on our 2nd date and I thought that was just great - made me feel 'wanted'. And I shall definitely come back around
    can i ask you a question back ? does she make you feel that she's easy and have gone through the same thing with many other men ?
    ** please note i mean no offense, i just want to know how people think similar to your original question **

Well I see no harm in sleeping with someone on the first date, if everything goes well and both want it. Why not, life's too short to sit around worrying if it's too soon or not. And a man that's turned off for not having the chase then is not worth it, I see no point in playing hard to get. With my first bf, we waited one month to have sex.. and we were both virgins up until then. So I've never been one for waiting very long. Sex is a good thing, why not enjoy it?

Quote Originally Posted by asdfg789 View Post
    can i ask you a question back ? does she make you feel that she's easy and have gone through the same thing with many other men ?
    ** please note i mean no offense, i just want to know how people think similar to your original question **
    No offence taken. I believe that she has not had a boyfriend since she split up with her ex almost a year ago but that is incidental. She wanted to make love with me, I wanted to make love to her so we did. The question of 'easy' does not come into it for me because I'm a feminist and I don't make the distinction between an 'easy' woman (aka slut) and man who has sex with as many as he can (aka a woman's man). I respected her before we made love, I respect her now.