+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you forgiven a girlfriend for cheating?

Have you forgiven a girlfriend for cheating?

I'm just going to keep this sweet and simple and ask that if you even have given her another chance, did she ever fully regain your trust? Or did it end up destroying your relationship even if you've given her a second try?

If this fling trully was a thing of the past, how do you suggest she go about proving to him that she truly is apologetic and loyal?

It's always going to leave a scar and a slight of distrust.

Life is too short to waste time on someone who isn't 100% with you.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

When I was 20 (a really long time ago) my gf cheated once with her ex. But it was OK cos I had sex with my ex GF the same weekend.

As far as I know, only one girlfriend ever cheated on me. And she dumped me right after cheating on me.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

How would you guys feel if a few years went by after breaking up. Would you feel it would be enough time for him to get over it? And if they dated again, would he still probably hold it against her?

I had a girlfriend once that cheated on me, but said that she was drunk when it happened and that it meant nothing. It meant everything to me. Drunk or not, there's really no reason to cheat. I never did trust her the same after that, and it hurt me I think more than her.

Yeah, the drunk excuse doesn't cut it. Alcohol lowers inhibitions, but it doesn't make people do things against their will. It gives some people an excuse to do what they wanted to do anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoG91 View Post
    Yeah, the drunk excuse doesn't cut it. Alcohol lowers inhibitions, but it doesn't make people do things against their will. It gives some people an excuse to do what they wanted to do anyway.
    Exactly and who cares if they were drunk! The law doesnt care if you're drunk when you do something stupid so why would I? Once someone cheats, IMO, the trust is gone for good. I could never trust a cheater.

I wasn't drunk. This was over two years ago before we were actually "official". My aivety convinced me that he "didn't care" and "wouldn't take me seriously".

"It gives some people an excuse to do what they wanted to do anyway. "

I let whoever this man was do what he wanted even though I didnt' want it. Being said I was naive, I "didn't want to be mean" and I let him do whatever he wanted. It was actually one of the most physically painful things I put myself through.

If your relationship "wasn't official," then I don't see how it was cheating. It's sad that you let other some guy basically rape you due to your lack of assertiveness, but it sounds like you have learned from the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by lyle0729 View Post
    I'm just going to keep this sweet and simple and ask that if you even have given her another chance, did she ever fully regain your trust? Or did it end up destroying your relationship even if you've given her a second try?

If this fling trully was a thing of the past, how do you suggest she go about proving to him that she truly is apologetic and loyal?
    Never have . . . never will . . . once is one too many.

I value relationships too much . . . also, I would hope she would hold me up to the standards I placed on her (that is, I wouldn't forgive myself if I cheated and she should dump me as well)

My boyfriend and I have the same views about "cheating"-- Though it might not be in words whether we were official or not, deep down in my conscience I felt and knew it was wrong. And he cared about me enough to feel that it was cheating.

That definitely was a learning experience, I never thought that I would put myself in the category of "cheaters" and to this day I still feel that I don't belong in that stereotype.

You wouldn't have any feeling on her after she hooked up with another guy for several years and came back to you suddenly for her being dumped by the other guy. That's just what happened to my Australian teacher when his ex girlfriend called him for a meeting. She hugged him tightly, yet he did not hug her back. He did say something to comfort her, but that is not because he loves her.

once a gf cheated on me with her ex and i have forgiven her altough i was not very happy, just a few weeks after that she dumped me stating "i was looking TOO MUCH to my female friends".
    that taugh me an important life lesson...
    fuk'em!!!

My [url=http://www.chacha.com/topic/girlfriend]girlfriend[/url] cheated on me once during the beginning of our relationship however, we managed to fix things up. I think it depends on the person really, if your serious about your [url=http://www.chacha.com/topic/girlfriend]girlfriend[/url] then I don't think you should allow what happened to destroy your relationship with her.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast