+ Follow This Topic

Thread: You've probably heard this all before....

You've probably heard this all before....

Hi,

So I just broke up with my boyfriend of 10 months last Tuesday because I was growing more and more unhappy. I suppose I need everyone's opinion even though I think I made the right decision I just miss him now.

So... He didn't have enough time for me. He always made me feel like a last priority. He wouldn't spend evenings with me when he said he would, and when he come over on the weekends it was only for the night and then he'd leave in the morning because he wanted to get things done. I really did love him though and I still do. Basically I was wondering if I'm the selfish one and I shouldn't be so clingy because he thought I was but I just think he's not good at showing love and making me feel special. It got to the point where he let me down almost everyday and I was only happy a little bit.

My friends all say I'll find someone who wants to be with me as much as I want to be with them but it's still very hard. I have to see him everyday at college because we're in the same dept. but we're friends still which makes it hard too to act like there's nothing wrong. I just wish he was the man I thought he would be.

Thanks for reading this if anyone did and just please tell me if I'm being unreasonable or not. I really want him back even though I'm the one who ended it but that's normal. I can find someone better right? Probably.

-E

Edit: Also, do you think he'll ever want to change when he's not so busy anymore? I kind of don't think he will but maybe he'll realize he really misses me, or maybe he's really happy I'm not in his hair anymore.
    Last edited by elika; 06-10-10 at 06:02 AM. Reason: Question

When I split up with my former GF - it was my decision - I missed her as well. But most people do not change even if you would love them to do so. Sounds like you've made the right decision and get out there dating again. Finding a new GF or BF certainly helps you to forget an ex!

i dont think you was selfish we all make our own decision in life and if you was unhappy then that was the right decision for you, you will miss him because you loved him, but people don't change unfortunately but i also agree that he could realise what he has lost and want to commit more to you, but that has to be his decision to make and one that i would only wait a little while to see if he does...and i mean short like a week if you dont hear anything then you have have not lost anything you have only saved yourself from being unhappy..

If you ask yourself any questions when answer them by re-reading your 2nd paragraph in the original post.

You loved him more than he loved you . . . and although you were his girlfriend you weren't a priority. . .it's good you moved on and hopefully you can find someone better.

As for seeing him everyday, well, try not to be so emotionally connected - he didn't seem to reciprocate your feelings