+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What happened?

What happened?

So I met up with this guy twice after emailing back and forth online for awhile. The first time was a casual meet; we met at a cafe and had coffee, then walked around for a bit. He emailed saying he had a nice time and wanted to see me again. We met a second time and had dinner and then walked around talking again afterward. He tried to kiss me but I wasn't ready so I turned away to let him kiss my cheek instead. He then said he'd get in touch with me about getting together soon. I found out about an event that seemed fun so I invited him to go because he had previously invited me to stuff, and I figured it would show I was interested in case he took my not letting him kiss me on the lips as a rebuff. He messaged back saying he couldn't go because he overslept and was behind on running some errands. He included a smiley face and said about "let's meet up soon." I haven't heard anything back since and it's been 4 days.

At this point I'm assuming he's not interested right? It's over the "3 day rule" wait. I guess what I can't help wondering is what happened. Why would he say he'd call/email and that we should meet again soon and then not follow through? It seems to me if he decided he wasn't interested he could have just ignored my message and I would have gotten the hint, or he could have just said he wasn't interested. I guess I'm a little confused why he'd say he wanted to meet again so many times and then stop all contact when he could have just not said anything/indicated that he wanted to see me again. I mean especially considering the first time we met he hadn't said anything afterwards. He followed up with an email saying he liked spending time with me and wanted to see if I felt the same. I don't plan on getting in touch with him because it seems like he's not interested and I don't need a guy who's not interested in me, but I thought I'd post and see if anyone had some insight, a different perspective.

So, why not get in contact with him again? It wouldnt hurt if u did ya. Maybe, his just too busy now and not able to follow up with ya. imo dnt give up soon.

well, it's more that i did get in contact with him earlier about going to the art exhibit. he was busy last week, but still was able to get in touch with me about meeting up. especially early on, it seems like it's more the guy's responsibility to get in touch/initiate plans since they prefer to be the chasers; don't get me wrong, i'm in no way saying that the girl shouldn't take initiative once in awhile, but from experience and from what i've heard it seems to work better when the guy takes more initiative in the beginning. i guess i feel like if he was really interested, regardless of how busy he was, he would have found time to message me, even if it was just to say that he was busy but still wanted to see me, and let me know that he'd have more time next week or something.

I would try at least once more. 4 days is kinda long... but then again, you guys have only met a few times.

So if I were to message him again, would I ask if he is still interested in meeting again? Do I suggest a place to meet/something to do and see what he says (if he says anything)?