+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Pakistani Guy in love with a Canadian white girl?

Pakistani Guy in love with a Canadian white girl?

I am pakistani guy living in canada for the last10 years and i really like this white girl. I haven't told her anything yet, but we are really close friends and she really cares for me for some reason, its clear she has feelings for me too.

Anyways if i do tell her how i feel, can this relationship really work do you think?

Unfortunatly there are lots of things going against me though

Firstly my pakistani background, people probably think i am violent or a terrorist or something (which i am not at all)

Second my islamic faith, she is christian. Muslims are allowed to marry christians girls, but i think her parents would probably be really against her marrying/dating me.

Third, my connections with my own cultural background. While i have been in Canada for the last 10 years, i still have deep connections with Pakistan, i go there every 2-3 years. While this might not be a big problem, but she might still hate me going to pakistan and i dont know what will she think of the country and people there

Anyways overall, as for myself I am a really westernized person, most of my friends are Canadians and i can easily fit in the Canadian culture easily now because of my friends.

I really do like this girl, she is beautiful and intelligent, but i am in a really weird situation because of my background

Anways what do you guys think ? any solutions? or should i just give up on my dream white girl
    Last edited by shammi; 10-10-10 at 02:27 AM.

Well first of all, I don't think you should put 'white girls' on a pedastle, they are girls just like everyone else. If that's what you happen to be into, then so be it.. but just saying.

Being also Canadian, I would like to think that all people there are very open and multicultural but that is a bit of a pipe dream in itself. Most people are very open, but there are always those who do hold certain pre-conceptions. Unless you have a reason WHY she or her parents would feel this way (has anything happened to make you think your background would be a problem?.. or are you just guessing).

I also think you are getting a little bit ahead of yourself. Deal with these issues when they arise. For example: start by asking her out on a date. Maybe you will realize afterwards that she isn't the girl for you and that you didn't need to worry about her parents or your trips to Pakistan because you dont like her like you thought you did.

If things go well, then you can move on to the next step. There is no need to figure all these issues out now. Try and tackle them one at a time, if it seems fit.

And if she is as intelligent and cultures as you suggest then I would think most of the issues you mentioned would not be a problem in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by shammi View Post
    I am pakistani guy living in canada for the last10 years and i really like this white girl.(
    wait a minute. aren't you afraid she will get pregnant with your kid and sleep with some other men ?
    [url]http://www.loveforum.net/broken-hearts-forum/46212-pregnant-girlfriend-cheated-please-help-2.html#post633321[/url]

or are you planning to play around with her and go back to get married to a "traditional" pakistani woman ?

Does she like you back? If she does then that's all that really matters. . . get a bit more secure with yourself.

Personally, you should get over some of those cultural biases and hopefully she will as well if she hasn't already . . .btw, being Canadian, I don't think that stuff is really that big of a deal here

Quote Originally Posted by asdfg789 View Post
    wait a minute. aren't you afraid she will get pregnant with your kid and sleep with some other men ?
    [url]http://www.loveforum.net/broken-hearts-forum/46212-pregnant-girlfriend-cheated-please-help-2.html#post633321[/url]

or are you planning to play around with her and go back to get married to a "traditional" pakistani woman ?
    actually she is not even my girlfriend yet, i have feelings for her and i am pretty sure she has feelings for me. She is a nice and intelligent girl and is actually traditional because of her christian background i guess

actually she is not even my girlfriend yet, i have feelings for her and i am pretty sure she has feelings for me. She is a nice and intelligent girl and is actually traditional because of her christian background i guess
    good that you feel that way.

next time, try not to paint people with broad strokes. it is offensive

hearing these kinds of stories really makes me glad that i come from a traditional society. I think westerners really need to get in touch with traditional values, sorry to be blunt, these kind of things are just getting out of hand and society is getting messed up.
    Last edited by asdfg789; 10-10-10 at 01:52 PM. Reason: typo