+ Follow This Topic

Thread: back on the forum after 4 months

back on the forum after 4 months

Hey everybody! Just thought i'd post here because it's been so long since i've been gone. Actually 16060 posts (according to the forum counter) since i've last dropped a line or 2 here.

Hope Squirrley, Fawn, Billy and the rest of the forum gang I posted so much with is doing well. Things didn't quite work out at the academy for me. I hung in there for just about 12 weeks. I decided it wasn't for me and that I really don't want a career in this kind of work. Honestly, I was not doing very well there and was considered to be one of the worst cadets in the class by our supervisors and other cadets. I made some buddies, some buddies left, other people left, some people were fired, and I was I think the 11th person to resign. They told us that typically of a class our size, that only 6 people leave, so we pretty much overkilled that. Oh well. I learned some things, got the crap beat out of me a few times, figured out i'm pretty good with a shotgun and handcuffing and thanks to someone else, was in a police car accident. I'm sorry to say that I think I hold the record for most times a cadet has lost their weekend liberty for problems. I know it was my own choice to be there and other people could probably have shrugged it off, but it was kinda a personal hell for me there. I was told by other cadets that I must have the skin of a crocodile because of how I was singled out daily and punished by drill instructors and how I never showed any emotional response beyond "yes sir, no sir" and didn't complain or bitch. I know many of the staff where happy to see me leave, but I never tried to personally cause them any problems with my mistakes.

Other than that, i've been trying to get a job with the Transportation securty administration at a Chicago airport. Something to do and it's a federal job so the opportunities are good for growth. My relationship with Betty has been so amazing even though it's long distance. (I should post some pics or something) In 6 days i'm flying to Hungary and have been welcomed into her home for about a month so i'm really excited. Her folks don't speak English beyond little greeting-ish words but i'm learning a little bit here and there. I'm just so grateful that i've met her and things are doing so well. One important thing is she's become very interested in a life of faith and i'm able to come for her baptism which she was so hoping I could be a part of since we both feel that God is primarily the reason that we were able to meet each other.

Well, that sums it up in a nutshell. Those of you who never read my posts from me are probably wondering "what the heck is this all about?" but that's cool. Those of you who do know me, i'm glad to be back and hope I can post with you again soon.
    3 out of 2 people have problems with fractions.

OMG BONO!!! ITs soo awesome to see you! Jules and I have been soo worried about you. We think of you often and wondered how things were going with you, and of course Betty. Im sorry things didnt work out at the academy, but as one door shuts a ton more open! I am REALLY happy to hear you and Betty are still doing great! Thats awesome Bono!

Jules hasnt been around much, and well me either, check periodically for people like you! But I will tell her the next time we chat to check out your thread. She will be so thrilled for you!(you and Betty)!

Glad youre back,and hope things work out in Chicago, have a great trip too!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

I'm glad to be back. It just is hard trying to find (and wait) for a good job to come along. I'm not so picky though, if something pops up that's reasonable, even if I don't want it as a career, i'll take it for now. :-)

I'm really excited about Hungary. There's so many things we can se and do over there. At least her parents are cool about me staying in her room. They never even let her ex stay at their house ever. At least i'll be good and help clean and take care of things while i'm there so I don't seem like a leech or something. Hopefully I can learn enough basic words to let them know how thankful I am for being their guest.

Thanks for the warm welcome back!
    3 out of 2 people have problems with fractions.

Hey Bono, Welcome back! Sorry things didn't go as planned, good that ya learned though. I haven't been on much either, kinda off and on thing. Life gets ya sometimes.

Anyhoo, glad to see ya back!

My New Car!! [URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058343]Cardomain![/URL]

"Be Mindful of The Future, But Not At The Expense of The Moment"

"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser"

So glad you're back!!!!

I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend. - Jack Handy