+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need some girls thoughts...

Need some girls thoughts...

Hello im new here.

Im looking for girls thoughts on a situation im in. I currently go to college, majoring in Biolgy. Its been one year since I divorced my wife of one year. So ive been single for one year. We had a daughter together, she is one year old.

Now I'm fancying this girl in my school quite awhile now, I just didnt want to to get into any relationships because I felt like it was too soon since my divorce.

Recently ive been getting hints that she also likes me and I feel like im going to make a move very soon.

So my question IS...

Should I tell her I have a daughter? I feel like if its one of the first things I tell her that she will not want to get to know me. I want her to get to KNOW ME. I know that one day I will have to tell her.

How do you ladies think about this situation? Should I tell her? or Should I wait?

What do most girls think about when a guy has a kid?

BTW: I am a 20 year old male, and she is 19 I believe.

Yes, tell her the truth from the beginning. I believe you would avoid a lot of odd situations in the future, by doing so.

Yes, tell her. It's your child, not an STD or something. Part of getting to know you involves things like knowing you have a child. If she doesn't want to be involved with you after learning that (possible), then she's not right for you. It's almost like you're trying to trick her into getting close to you without giving her the whole story.

If you wait to tell her, you're going to make it sound like it's some deep dark secret that you're ashamed of.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oh, my god. Your poor, poor daughter.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Don't ever lie. That makes you look like a jerk. Tell her, you can't trick someone into liking you.

When I dated women with kids in the past, almost every single one of them told me on the second date. Not the first date, not the third date, specifically the second date. It must be some kind of rule.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoG91 View Post
    When I dated women with kids in the past, almost every single one of them told me on the second date. Not the first date, not the third date, specifically the second date. It must be some kind of rule.
    I think that is because some men target women with kids because they are pedo's. They aren't trying to deceive, just see if you are interested in a second date if she has no kids.

Don't keep secrets . . . .they have a way of coming up and making you look like a 'liar'

The truth and the whole truth, open and honest.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Oh, my god. Your poor, poor daughter.
    Well i just feel like I shouldnt be introuducing m daughter just to anyone so soon. Dont get me wrong I love my daughter with all my heart and soul, I just dont think I should tell a girl about her until I feel like she gets to know me first, before my daughter.

Introducing her and telling people she exists are two completely different things.

Quote Originally Posted by ticaaal70 View Post
    Well i just feel like I shouldnt be introuducing m daughter just to anyone so soon. Dont get me wrong I love my daughter with all my heart and soul, I just dont think I should tell a girl about her until I feel like she gets to know me first, before my daughter.
    But you don't keep her a secret. I wouldn't introduce my child to someone for months probably, but I wouldn't act like she doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkle_jello View Post
    But you don't keep her a secret. I wouldn't introduce my child to someone for months probably, but I wouldn't act like she doesn't exist.
    I understand, Thank you for everyone's advice. Anyway today I just might have found out that she already knows.