+ Follow This Topic

Thread: First date after meeting online - how was it?

First date after meeting online - how was it?

I'd be interested in hearing comments. These days it's so easy to meet people online but when you met him or her in the flesh were you pleasantly surprised, horrified? Or something inbetween.
    First ever date I went on was not good - I think she was at least 5 years older than she said and funnily enough she had never mentioned that she was a few kg overweight!
    Second attempt - she was OK
    Third attempt - she was lovely but physically not a turn on at all - and her photo wasn't that good.
    4th attempt - she was OK
    5th attempt - gobsmacking - sexy and beautiful. Stayed together 3 months but ended in tears - she was just too much hard work.
    6th attempt - been on two dates so far, so good. She was pretty much as I expected although she said she was proportional in size but actually could do with losing a little bit of weight - not a massive amount.

I'm very new in this field, and have just met my first online friend today - and it wasn't even a date, she was switching trains in my town, so we met for half an hour to chat. She's just as beautiful and great as I knew her from pictures and webcam, so it's a positive experience.

I've never gone off to meet random strangers I met online and I don't think it's something I'd do easily. Too many psychos and fruitloops around.

I only ever met one guy in real life who I met online and we chatted on the phone for 8 months before we met. He was everything I was expecting him to be. 3 years on and he's still in my life.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I had to meet a few online frogs before I met my prince.....I think it took me four or five attempts. It comes with the territory, I never got discouraged.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi