+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is it possible to love 2 women

Is it possible to love 2 women

I dont know what to do!!!

It sure is. Right now, I'm loving 3 women.

Butare you loving loving them.

Comprendeh?

Well, I'm not against polygamy, as long as there is no child molestation involved. I actually think the polygamist lifestyle could work really well for some. I mean, just think. Lets say there are three adults in the relationship, there is then the potential for three incomes. Also, you always have someone to fall back on to watch your kids if needed.

It's not something I would do, but I wont oppose or judge, unless they're molesting children.

Yes.

You haven't given enough to talk about your specifics.

Just make sure there are no secrets and you have open lines of communications. The moment the secrets start, you're sowing the seeds of bad times ahead. And if anyone of those involved is not for it, don't pressure them.

-PP

As long as the two lovers know of each other, then if they're fine with it, ok. However, jealously is a sneaky mofo, and it always rears its ugly head. No matter how "balanced" and "neutral" you think you are, you will always have a greater preference towards one than the other. Even if you don't, the 2 women will start to think so.

And if you're seeing these 2 and those women don't know of each other? Honestly, I think you're setting yourself up for a major shitstorm down the line my friend.

depends on the context. . . define this 'love', define these women

Yes, it is called a threesome.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Well a threesome in my experience isn't about love, it's about lust. Trust me, I know.
    Also, I think you can love two women, but in my opinion, you'll always love one more than the other, you can't help it, and that can give problems cause women won't like coming second like that. My ex, when we were still together obviously, also had another gf twice, with me knowing it. She sometimes came over to our place, on my insistence cause I didn't like not knowing who he went to. Both these girls were straight, which is why they were his gf's, and not mine too. BUT.. I knew for him it was a bit of harmless fun, he liked me more, and I have to say neither of these girls were prettier than me. But he liked the idea of having someone else every once in a while. However if he'd really loved them like he loved me, I wouldn't have liked it.

I love all women, and I love them all the same.

I have just watched this video on TED: [URL="http://www.ted.com/talks/helen_fisher_tells_us_why_we_love_cheat.html"]Helen Fisher tells us why we love + cheat[/URL]. It's very interresting on its own, but related to the topic's subject the speaker says we humans have three major feelings in love: attachment, romantic love, and sexual drive. These three feelings can have as target different persons, which is why it's perfectly possible to love two persons. These are interconnected though. She goes on to say:

"With orgasm you get a spike of dopamine. Dopamine's associated with romantic love, and you can just fall in love with somebody who you're just having casual sex with. With orgasm, then you get a real rush of oxytocin and vasopressin -- those are associated with attachment. This is why you can feel such a sense of cosmic union with somebody after you've made love to them.

But these three brain systems: lust, romantic love and attachment, aren't always connected to each other. You can feel deep attachment to a long-term partner while you feel intense romantic love for somebody else, while you feel the sex drive for people unrelated to these other partners. In short, we're capable of loving more than one person at a time. In fact, you can lie in bed at night and swing from deep feelings of attachment for one person to deep feelings of romantic love for somebody else. It's as if there's a committee meeting going on in your head as you are trying to decide what to do."