Recently, an ex g/f came up as a "do you know this person" on my Friends Reunited page.

She and I had a very loving realationship 30 yrs ago..the break up was hard on both of us.

We were best friends before and during our realtionship..but after it ended, I couldnt talk to her...as I felt awkward.

We broke up due to my dad...He wanted straight A's in my "A" Levels so I was banned from going out in my final yr...apart from school/work and family outings, he wanted me to study and not be distracted by my friends.

Unfortunately I met "Sally". (Not her real name) I will call myself Ben. Sally is English...I am Asian. Even before we dated, we had this connection....I'd think of her and mins later she would walk into the store that we worked in on a Saturday...other things too would happen..I would sense some-one looking @ me..look around..and there she'd be looking or she'd just looked up. Her smile always melted me.

Times were tough in the realtionship...we were VERY happy when we were together... and every one would tell us what a lovely/beautiful/nice couple we made...but eventually it had to end as I couldnt see her as much as we wanted due to my impending A Levels. Sally was 18 months younger than me and she wanted to be a Dr.

After we split I went to Uni...and was invited through mutual friends to her 18 Bday party. She was surprised and happy to see me..and @ one point even put her arms around my waist and whispered how happy the surprise visit had made her!!. She was dating someone else at the time.

After I graduated, I bumped into Sallys father..and was told to call her. I did..suggest that we meet for a coffee as we both worked in London..but she declined as she was in a realtionship.

Over the yrs I have had other realtionships..but every now and then I'd think of Sally for no reason..no triggers...as though there was an issue in her life. I always ignored this.

About 3 weeks ago I had another strange feeling about ~Sally....and a few days later I saw her name on my list of pottential friends. I dont understand how this happened as we didnt go to the same School/Uni/College. There was no link between us on this site ..no mutual friends etc.

So I contacted her..and she responded..telling me that she had been thinking about the good times we had @ the Sat job (the good times were only b4 and after we dated..as we couldnt face each other after)..asked if I still lived in the same town/q's about a mutual friend. She signed offf with a "X"

I answered her q's and asked if she still lived in the area and if parents were ok. I too signed off with a "x"..was just being polite. I also sent her an invite to be a friend.

A couple of weeks later..someone from my infants school uploaded another photo of my class (taken when I was approx 6). I managed to identify myself on there as many had done and left it at that

Sally called me approx and we chatted for 40 mins about everything. Sally was shocked/surprised that I was still single. We spoke about her hubby/family/kids and herself

Shee seemed to be longing for the days when we worked in the Local supermarket which I thought was a bit strange for reasons that I have already mentioned.

She had several calls in that time but she ignored them..BTW she went to her parents house (who were away) to call me.

Anyway...finally met up in Cafe Rouge...looked around and as I walked into empty bar....saw her...suddenly her face lite up like Xmas tree ...& she said "hi..OMG I still recoginse that lovely face..you've hardly changed...".... as I approached table and we kissed on both cheeks and held each others hand momentarily!! She still looked lovely...and was still a nice person too.

We got a drink chatted for ages about various things...I had suggested getting bite to eat earlier that day...but she said she wasnt sure...was gonna eat wth family before she came....She asked my why I was single/not married.. Thought you would have been snapped up yrs ago.." was her comment!! ...(she'd asked me that the nite b4)...I gave her honest ans. We chatted about everything and didnt take our eyes of each other!!...OMG it was like going back 30 yrs!!

Later that evening She then asked me if I was hungry...she hadnt eaten, so we went to local Pizza Express. We chatted about every thing inc her family/husband/kids. She didnt speak about her hubby with any affection which I thought was strange. She asked me again why I was single.."not met anyone special...ever? I cant believe that you are still single!".... I told her there were 1 or 2 specail Ladies over the yrs...but things didnt wk out..not easy being consultant and being away from hm so much.

We finished eating and now it was 10.45..she had to get back so I walked her back to her car...She asked me about me doing Yoga...(she had checked my Facebook Profile page out!!)... I told her it was to relieve stress etc. Sally told me she'd had lovely evening and wanted to meet up again soon...didnt wanna leave it another 30 yrs... I went to give her hug and kiss on cheek and she did the same & we held each other and kissed her face and she mine @ same time many times as we used to when we were together....was strange felt soo right for both of us. I let go..she didnt immediately...My hand cupped her face to which she responded positively...She said we would meet soon....I waved her good bye and took short cut to where I was parked.

She was driving around 1 way system..saw me & stopped and insisted that I joined her and gave me a life to my car. As I left I thanked her once again for getting in touch and once again we kissed on cheek and looked each other in the eye...I sensed that she didnt want the evening to end..neither did I.....Finally she drove off and I txted her to ask her to sms me when she got home..she did this..and thanked me for lovely evening. to which I replied.

I sent her sms the next morning..to thank her and compliment her on how lovely she still was...she responded with " Flattery will get you everywhere....lets not leave it another 30 yrs...." I advised her that "I wasnt flattering her..it came from the heart....When you wanna chat/meet... you have my no now"

We exchanged several sms that week and @ the w/e she asked me for some help ideas on a Speech for her new school. I sent her a page of A4 with some ideas and asked her to let me know what she thought/how it went.

She responed to my email with "WOW I'm impressed...."

I got a sms later in the week telling me that she thought the speech went ok.

We are due to meet again soon.....I dont know where this will go this time