+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Cant get her off my mind

Cant get her off my mind

So as most of you probably remember, the past few weeks I posted some stuff about me and this girl Joanne. It's not her real name, as for privacy purposes lol. Its how I am.

So a Sat night just a few nights ago, I told her that she should stay away for a little while. She said okay, but can still text, right? I said, no. Not form of contact or anything. I'm sorry, but I need to focus on work and other things right now. She said okay.

Then monday night, she texts me, begging me to talk to her, told her no, and turned off my phone. Then she must have sent atleast 20 msgs to me through FB, begging me to talk to her. I just ignored her.

So I really dont know what to do now. I told her we shouldnt talk for a while so I can get my mind focus on whats important thats a head of me. She agreed. But now she's begging for me to talk to her. What should I do?

Is there a way to make this easier on both of us?

Wow. As a women, I don't blame her for wanting attention from the one she's dating. I don't know the stage of your relationship but for you, it might be just taking some time off to focus on work (!) but for her, she might take it personally and thought that you're trying to "get her off your back" not just "your mind". You could probably try to come to some agreements with her regarding how often you two can communicate and for how long so that you both can feel good about the relationship.

No, we aren't dating. As of right now, we are just friends. Thats all. She don't wanna interfer with my schooling, as we both talked about it. Thats why I told her we need some time apart so I can start focusing better on everything. But don't me wrong, I do enjoy talking, spending time with her and her little girl but it's just putting some strain on me, that I can't focus right. But all in honestly, after what has happened, she just keeps on coming back to me to forgive her. And thats why, I told her we need some time apart for now. Cause at work, i'm screwing up alot and I work vehicles for a living and I can't let that go on any longer. I really don't wanna do this but I think it would be the best for the both of us for now.

[url]http://www.loveforum.net/love-advice-forum/46224-there-still-chance-us-future.html#post633687[/url] But if you read this, you will understand the situation a little better.

I see, it's a little bit complicated. Why don't you try to talk and reason with her once more. If she still act needy and inconsistent with her original suggestion, you might need to move on as it is your life in the writing and it's not right of her to interrupt it. Good luck with school!

I think you should make a decision one way or the other. Be her friend, or just be out of her life for good. It's not very fair to say "I want to be friends, but stay the hell away from me until I'm ready for you."

If you can't be just friends with her since it seems to be effecting your life so much, then just don't be friends. Cut contact forever, and move on.

But if you do want to be her friend and keep her in your life, then you're not being very good to her. It's understandable that you might be too busy to constantly be talking to her, but you make time for friends, even if it's just a quick text or phone call when you can. It's what everyone does. If a friend sends you 20 messages on Facebook, you respond to see what the huge emergency is and to make sure they're okay. Completely ignoring her was kind of cold. (Although she sounds kind of needy and drama-queenish with all that messaging - who does that?)

Also, get your head on straight. Letting this sort of thing effect your work is a bit much. Make that stop.