+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dinner with ex..... What's the meaning?!

Dinner with ex..... What's the meaning?!

So.... To give a little bit of back ground. My ex and I broke up probably about 6 weeks ago now after a little over a year of dating. I'll be 27 soon. He's 26. He called it off because he wasn't sure if he ever wanted to get married. Not that there was any pressure from me. We had only been dating a year. Just that he always thought he would never get married until I came around. I had actually been his first gf in like 5 years. There weren't any major problems in the relationship. Things had been great actually. It literally came out of left field.

Anyway fast forward through a month plus of my doing the whole no contact thing. He's reached out to me a couple times and each time I've responded stating that I have zero desire to be his friend because honestly I don't. He then called me Monday night this week saying he misses me like crazy and that he think's he may have made a huge mistake but wants to think it over a bit more so he doesn't make any rash decisions. Then last night he called and asked me to go to dinner tonight.

My question is what the heck does he want? It's really hard not to get my hopes up over this. Also I don't know how to act. Advice on how to approach this PUH LEASE!

Sounds like he wants to get back together, despite his tragic fear of commitment. (Oh no, I might fall in love and live happily ever after!!!)

Go to dinner and don't act like anything. Be yourself and let him know how you feel. And if you're not entirely sure how you feel, it's okay to communicate that to him. Be hopeful, but not too hopeful.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Yeah, obviously if he hadn't had a relationship in 5 years, thats a fairly long time to be out of the game.. (so if he's 26 then his last gf was 21, so for someone low 20s). He probably has some issues he needs to work out on his own.

If someone wants to genuinely get back with you, what is there to think over?

I reckon he's just bored, probably lonely and could do with a familiar face for company.

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    If someone wants to genuinely get back with you, what is there to think over?

I reckon he's just bored, probably lonely and could do with a familiar face for company.
    I agree, it's only been 6 weeks. I wouldn't get my hopes up at all. He sounds really indecisive and may just be "missing you". Since the relationship ended out of nowhere I would proceed with extreme caution. I think it's pretty sily to end a relationship of a year just because he thought he would never find someone to marry......until he met you. (In a nutshell) Just be careful.