+ Follow This Topic

Thread: i really need some advice on this girl i want to date

i really need some advice on this girl i want to date

ok, sorry for making this my first post. but i thought maybe this forum could help me.

anyways, a bit of background info. i worked with this girl for about 2 weeks. she got fired. not important. we talked alot at work, went and hung out once after work. we seemed to enjoy being in each other's presence. she used to get a big smile on her face whenever i would see her.

anyways, i got her number and everything. i called her last night and talked for a bit. called her tonight and talked for about 5 minutes and she said shes not really much of a phone person so i let her go. so im wondering if i should quickly call her back and just ask her if she wants to do something tonight.

i guess im too quick to conclude that a girl would never be shy around a guy and if she liked him, she would let the guy know. so i tend to give up quickly. dont want to this time though.

so basically, ive known her for 2 weeks, weve talked alot at work, she always used to ask me to come out with her when she went for her breaks, asked me to come eat lunch with her once(i work at a lounge sorta thing). so can anyone offer me some advice? sorry if this is long, but thanks to anyone who can help me. i would appreciate it. ask me any questions

Dont make it into a date... just ask her if she wants to hang out with you. Make it as casual as you can. Its better to start slowly then to scare her off.
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

well to be honest, i can't imagine a girl being interested in you and telling you that she's "not much of a phone person" without having plans to meet up.

furthermore, i say make sure she has your number wait a week and call. if she still seems uninterested she probably isn't.

Maybe shes not interested, but the signs say to me that she could be. And what harm is there in hanging out and getting to know her better? Even if she isnt interested now its only been 2 weeks, thats a bit too early to know things for sure

Don't try to get yourself in too deep too fast my man. Once you do, you might scare her away. Keep goin on what you're still doing with her but increase the tempo just a little bit. Don't always keep on contacting her see if she'll contact you or something. If she does, all is good and you can try asking her out. But if she doesnt, its pretty obvious she's not interested in you.
    We all should look out for the finer things in life~