+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Confused...Can ex friends with benefits truly be friends

Confused...Can ex friends with benefits truly be friends

So a couple months ago I met a guy who seemed nice and we went out a couple times. About a month into dating him we ended up having sex and one time after that. I didn't want to get led on so I decided to ask where we stood and he said it was just friends with benefits. Friends with benefits is definetely not my thing, so I quickly ended things and said that I'd rather just be friends because I'm worth more than a friend with benefits. Since I ended the friends with benefits we have not hooked up since and its been 4 months since we've had sex. Since then I've gotten back together with my ex-boyfriend and I have never fully told my friendswith benefits about my current boyfriend or why we broke up. But as of lately he's been inviting me to go hang out with him and constantly giving me unwanted adivce about my relationship, such as I'm worth more and that I should try something new. Everytime we talk he constantly is pointing out negative things about my relationship and says that he's giving me tough love because he cares about me and truly wants to be my friend and see me happy. This could be true because he did ask me to set him up with some of my friends and has stated that he's no threat to my current boyfriend. I want to know do you think he is really trying to be my friend or does he have a hidden agenda? Please let me know your thoughts!

No, i think his sencere imo. Wait, is it true though dat ur current bf is not treating u d way u should b treated? And u should ask ur friends dat was set up with.. if they felt dat vibe bout him.

My bf is treating me fine, no complaints over here.

So, u have ur answer then.

I was about to ask some questions because I was confused. I wrote a response but then deleted it since now I understand the situation . . . "Can ex-'friends with benefits' truly be friends" . . . sorry, but I found it kinda hard to read without mini-qutoes? perhaps just replace that phrase with FWB?

Nah, I don't really think so. . . FWB is usually only about sex without commitment . . . I don't really think they could be 'just friends'