+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is he just trying to be a good friend...

Is he just trying to be a good friend...

So a couple months ago I met a guy who seemed nice and we went out a couple times. About a month into dating him we ended up having sex and one time after that. I didn't want to get led on so I decided to ask where we stood and he said it was just friends with benefits. Friends with benefits is definetely not my thing, so I quickly ended things and said that I'd rather just be friends because I'm worth more than a friend with benefits. Since I ended the friends with benefits we have not hooked up since and its been 4 months since we've had sex. Since then I've gotten back together with my ex-boyfriend and I have never fully told my friendswith benefits about my current boyfriend or why we broke up. But as of lately he's been inviting me to go hang out with him and constantly giving me unwanted adivce about my relationship, such as I'm worth more and that I should try something new. Everytime we talk he constantly is pointing out negative things about my relationship and says that he's giving me tough love because he cares about me and truly wants to be my friend and see me happy. This could be true because he did ask me to set him up with some of my friends and has stated that he's no threat to my current boyfriend. I want to know do you think he is really trying to be my friend or does he have a hidden agenda? Please let me know your thoughts!

Quote Originally Posted by prettynpetite84 View Post
    Since then I've gotten back together with my ex-boyfriend and I have never fully told my friendswith benefits about my current boyfriend or why we broke up.
    Getting back with your ex boyfriend isn't going to make the other guy reconsider a relationship with you.

I would leave the old fwb alone. He's just trying to cause problems. What does your boyfriend think about you talking with this guy? Dump your boyfriend only if you don't want to be with him but don't do it for this guy he'll just try and make you his fwb again.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

@ Roymax I'm not trying to get back together with my old FWB that quote that you took from me and put in your response was because my ex-fwb knows nothing about my relationship. I clearly ended the fwb because I didn't want that.

@misombra I'm happy with my current bf, def don't want to break up with him at all. Thanks for the advice!!!

If the current relationship is solid, tell your guy what happened while you were on a break. See if the fwb guy wants to hang out with you and your boyfriend, which should clearly indicate whether his feelings for you are truly 'just friends' or if he's still wanting more than a simple friendship.

Quote Originally Posted by prettynpetite84 View Post
    @ Roymax I'm not trying to get back together with my old FWB that quote that you took from me and put in your response was because my ex-fwb knows nothing about my relationship. I clearly ended the fwb because I didn't want that.
    Okay, good for you then. Wish you luck with your current boyfriend.

I smell drama and trouble.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by NewStart View Post
    If the current relationship is solid, tell your guy what happened while you were on a break. See if the fwb guy wants to hang out with you and your boyfriend, which should clearly indicate whether his feelings for you are truly 'just friends' or if he's still wanting more than a simple friendship.
    I wouldn't want to hang out with my girlfriend ex fwb. You kidding me?
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

^^ brilliant idea

Quote Originally Posted by NewStart View Post
    lmao, horrible advice. Nothing good can come out of introducing your ex-FWB to your current boyfriend/girlfriend

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    I wouldn't want to hang out with my girlfriend ex fwb. You kidding me?
    Exactly what I was thinking too. That's just asking for trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonandfork View Post
    lmao, horrible advice. Nothing good can come out of introducing your ex-FWB to your current boyfriend/girlfriend
    Yes, I see your point, Spoonandfork.

The purpose would mainly be just to prove that the fwb is actually not a true friend at all. A true friend would be able to be around, whether you're single or with your partner. I can totally see how this sounds like crap advice if taken at face value, though.

your "fwb" just wants sex by the sounds of it.

that fwb is a dick... just stick to those who you could really trust and will not leave you hanging in the end.