+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Feel unworthy of being loved and ugly.

Feel unworthy of being loved and ugly.

I'm 19 and no guy has really ever approached me and the one guy I was seeing whom I was introduced to by my sister-- stopped calling me after a month and never got back in touch with me.

I feel like I'm ugly (was never apart of the “in” crowd in high school), not worth any guy's time and that any guy who does want to be with me only feels sorry for me.

That is not true,every girl is special and unique in her way,there is no ugly in the matters of love.While people think "looks" can be the catalyst of relationships after pasing the physical atraction it all ends in matching ideals,personality,desires etc.And 19 is not 80 so there is plenty of time to live thru love and the rest of the feelings.Cheer up.
    Love doesn't make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.
    Franklin P. Jones

My hope died long time ago.

Best thing you can do is just enjoy yourself.

I've found that when I've felt like you I never want to do anything or have negative thoughts about meeting people (i.e I won't, not good enough, etc) but if you just carry on with life and enjoy yourself, get out and about around people you WILL meet someone who likes you for you. I don't think I am particularly attractive but I've met some great girls just being me and being out.

It will come, just try not to think the way you are and just concentrate on being happy and with your mates, don't worry about what people think

"I feel like I'm ugly...not worth any guy's time and that any guy who does want to be with me only feels sorry for me."

Whatever your opinion of yourself is, it is true. You need to find happiness within, and accept yourself first, because people pick up on self loathing pretty easily and no one wants to be around that. Find an activity or skill that you're good at and work on it more and more, and that should help you build some confidence. Long road, but you've plenty of time, good luck.

I'm not going to lie about looks. They're an easy way to make a first impression with a guy and do make things easier. But...

But, confidence, friendliness, just plain being interesting and fun - those are all very, very desirable qualities too. If you want to use a "hot or not", 1 to 10 scale, a big, friendly smile can easily bump a girl up a couple points.

Actually, the hardest part of dating is just getting out and socializing, but that's a problem even the pretty people have.

-PP

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    Whatever your opinion of yourself is, it is true.
    I agree with you except for this bit!

That bit is not to be taken literally. What it means is that your opinion of yourself is true, inwardly, even if no one else thinks so.

The really good thing about men is that they are all different and like different types of women. When I was in high school I had a crush on a guy, and thought I had a pretty good chance at dating him. He ended up being more interested in another girl. For the longest time I couldn't figure it out because the girl was easily 50 lbs. heavier than myself, I thought I was the catch. The reason I thought this is because of what I see in magazines and tv, it gave me the idea that every guy likes cute, skinny girls... but I was wrong. Some guys prefer heavier women. Some like blondes, others burnettes, some like large breasts, others like small breasts.

There is one thing in common with all of them though. They want their women to be hygienic.

Quote Originally Posted by p1vo View Post
    I agree with you except for this bit!
    i disagree with you on the bit where you disagree with backuporgetstng

you are what you present yourself to others. if you feel crappy about yourself and feel like you are unattractive, 99.9% chance others are going to pick up that vibe and think the same thing. it is way more mental than physical.
    the love you take is equal to the love you make