+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Let her go? Hold on? What should I do..... :/

Let her go? Hold on? What should I do..... :/

Alrighty, so here's my situation:

I met this girl in August of this past summer and from the first moment we pretty much hit it off. I talked to her everyday and commonly saw her the rest of the summer. But, all along both of us (or maybe I just though both of us) believed it would unfortunately just be a summer fling. I was going off to college in the fall and she would remain in high-school (a senior) while I was five hours away. Plus, we had only known each other for a month so no serious talks seemed to be arising.

Well, things have changed a little bit over the past month and a half or so, ever since I left we've texted and/or talked on the phone everyday. And I swear if anyone would have read our conversations they would have thought we were in a relationship being cute with each other, saying good-night to each other and getting along oh so well. She would call me things like perfect and that she wouldn't replace me but then would joke that I'd replace her at college and things like that. I'd obiously deny the notion and say things like nah no one here is as good as you....or something like that. But, I at least for the moment thought it was just flirting but in a joking way and it's not like a relationship was going to start up with us 5 hours away.

Well, things changed again. Just this past week she had her homecoming dance and I txted her beforehand and stuff saying ohhh im sure your date is more perfect than me, etc. And she said not a chance. Then somewhat out of the blue told me I'd be the one coming with her if I was a senior. Here's the catch, her date is her 'boyfriend' on facebook and when I had asked her about him two weeks or so back she said it was just a jokingly matter and that it'd be over in a week or so. It's still going and suddenly I find myself frustrated and wanting her to be single so she could eventually be with me.

Also, for whatever reason two days ago the texting changed, ya know when you can just feel it. She wouldn't add in the 'sweetie' or w/e when she said sweet dreams and wouldn't be as flirty with me anymore, it's so odd because this happened in an instant. And now I'm afraid she's trying to push me away or something...

So, at times I feel like I made the mistake by making sure she was ok with just a fling back in summer, at times I feel like she played me because I believe she actually is in a relationship with this guy, and at times I feel like I should just tell her how I feel but I worry it'll mess up the future.

Sorry if this was lengthy. Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much.

"But, all along both of us (or maybe I just though both of us) believed it would unfortunately just be a summer fling."
    +
    "it was just flirting but in a joking way and it's not like a relationship was going to start up with us 5 hours away."

VS

"And now I'm afraid she's trying to push me away or something"

-

Are you honest with yourself?. . . this was apparently a meaningless summer fling and those texts were just non-relationship joking flirting YET now that you find out she has a boyfriend you're jealous?

I'd say move on, you had your chance and the whole situation was meant to be temporary from the beginning
    You post, you ask questions, you give facts --> I reply, I give quotations, I have opinions

go bang some college chick.

She likes her steady boyfriend and her boytoy on a leash
    Life is not the amount of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away.