+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Can't get the picture out of his head!

Can't get the picture out of his head!

My boyfriend who I love very much went on my pc the other day and saw an old picture of me and an old Boyfriend laying naked in bed (you can only see from the neck up.) I have a laptop that I always use and since I got that like 3 years ago I barely use the PC except to download music. I had forgotten all about that picture along with all the other pictures on there. He didn't ask to use the computer but I was sleeping and his was in the bedroom so he didn't want to disturb me. After he saw the picture he turned it off and left it alone. When I got up he didn't say anything and he seemed mad at me the whole day. I kept trying to talk to him but he just kept saying he wanted to be left alone. So I just went about my day I figured he would tell me when he was ready. Finally hours later he said he wanted to talk to me. He told me what happened and that he was sorry he snooped. He was really mad. More mad than I had ever seen him. I told him it wasn't a big deal that I just forgot those old pictures were there and that I would erase them. Then he started freaking out saying that he couldn't get the image out of his mind and that it was ruining what image he had of me and that he didn't know if he could get over it. I told him that he was blowing it way out of proportion and that the picture didn't mean anything to me. But he said that he posted the situation on some message board like this and that everyone on there (it is an all men message board) said that I was a slutty w*@#e and that I was keeping those pictures because the guy still meant something to me and he needs to break up with me. Well, the arguing kept going on and eventually he said that he doesn't know if he wants to be with a slutty w#*@e and that I was a b*&#h and that I ruined everything and this just destroyed our relationship. I figured that we were breaking up and I was really upset and crying and everything but then eventually he calmed down and said he was sorry for getting so crazy. But it hasn't been the same since. He keeps telling me that he's still not over it. He acts like I did this on purpose. I did everything I could to fix it. I erased the picture and apologized for having it at all. Shouldn't he just get over it? I'm with him not the guy in the picture. I don't know what else to do to make it better. Any ideas?

I was in a situation like this before - an ex burnt some pictures from our vacation to a DVD and gave it to me. I found a winrar archive titled "random" and found some pretty bad pictures in there. I was pretty mad about that, lol. In fact, I don't think I ever got over it. I dunno what to tell ya. I guess this just kind of adds to his all-around shitty attitude, giving you another reason to call it quits. Delete the pic and start over with someone fresh.

if a guy called me a slutty whore and a bitch I'm afraid I would have to dump him.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

I think if there were other reasons for him to doubt you and then he found these pictures that I could understand. If, however, everything was fine and he happened to find the pictures and overreacted it just shows his immaturity and insecurity. If you've done everything that you can do to make this right (which shouldn't be much anyway because this seems to be a simple mistake/misunderstanding) and he's still holding it against you it may be time to simply move on. It seems that, from here on out, he'll hold this incident against you. There is no sense in continuing in a relationship with a constant 'sword of Damocles' hanging over you.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

How long have you been together? . . . certainly ex's should be that big of a deal, he should be able to get over it. . . are his first gf? he might be insecure in that regard

Either way "He keeps telling me that he's still not over it. He acts like I did this on purpose." - how long ago was it? . . .if he keeps on throwing childlike temper tantrums then you should move on
    You post, you ask questions, you give facts --> I reply, I give quotations, I have opinions

It sounds like there is something missing from this story. Why are you saying you guys were naked in the pic, but you could only see from the neck up??? Why would a neck up picture even be shameful at all? Did you just tell him that you guys were naked? I need clarification.

If he was ready to break up with you over that, it wouldn't be much of a loss. The fact that you immediately offered to delete the pictures and had honestly just forgotten about them should have been enough. The fact that he couldn't get the image out of his head is his own problem. I could see his feelings being hurt, but calling you a bitch and a slutty whore? Oh, hell no.
    Spammer Spanker

Everyone has a past good or bad. If he's going to be part of your future then he better comes to terms with your past. What he called you shows a lack of respect and that is fundamental to any relationship. Don't be afraid to stand up for yourself. You aren't the one who should be apologizing.

eh, wats done is done His not gnna forget bout it and be bitter for awhile. Perty soon his gnna ask questions on how good he was.. blah blah blah. Just say white lies and build ur mans ego ya.

^^^ Ha, worse advice ever! No one should ever stoop to lying just to keep someone around who is obviously immature and insecure.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    I was in a situation like this before - an ex burnt some pictures from our vacation to a DVD and gave it to me. I found a winrar archive titled "random" and found some pretty bad pictures in there. I was pretty mad about that, lol. In fact, I don't think I ever got over it. I dunno what to tell ya. I guess this just kind of adds to his all-around shitty attitude, giving you another reason to call it quits. Delete the pic and start over with someone fresh.
    pretty much agree lol