+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should i just let it go?

Should i just let it go?

So I met this wonderful guy last week, who was completely not my ideal type of guy I normally would date. We hit if off very well, he was a great guy. Weonderful conversation, goals, sweet, affectionate, and my trust issues came into play. I felt everything was moving so fast. I loved the attention and he called me everyday, or texted me during school and work when he could, and then it was like he disappeared. Due to a cracked cellphone screen which happened recently, i knew he was unable to receive text messages. but phone calls too? Red flags started to appear. So after two days of not speaking to him, i became nervous/anxious, confused and angry. I thought he was playing games, and ignoring me, blah blah blah. So i did the unthinkable, i went to his house unannounced. I tried calling his phone, but i couldnt get through. he was home, but didnt come to the door. So now im here struggling with the fact that he wants nothing to do with me completely because i had no right to come to his house and he labeled that as "Crazy". Due to the fact that ive never done anything like that, i've emailed him, and spoke to him recently. He stated that he forgives me and doesnt hate me, but he no longer sees me as a person that he would want to build anything of substance with. We emailed, and talked about it, and i guess you can say that we agree to disagree about the situation. We are both attractive people and although i dont have problems getting men, he was one of a kind, who treated me differently than any other man i came across. We were in a state of true euphoria before my trust issues stirred in the mix. Also he stated that deep down he wants to give me another chance, but he fears letting his guard down, as it may happen again, and can only think what i am capable of doing. Do you think he needs time to cool down, or should i move on???

Start moving on, and he'll call you if he thinks the connection was strong enough. Don't contact him at all though.

Well, I say give him some space, seems like he's thinking about it or else he would have just told you to **** off. I kinda see where he's coming from though, if you're already acting this crazy imagine what it would be like further down the line. It's a bit obsessive, you've only met him last week.........

Ya, move on and u need to get ur trust issues in check. imo Plus, if there was a strong attraction between u too? He will come around. ya

Thanks guys. In reality even though i felt like he was a good catch, and i do miss the conversations and that dates we shared, i think i miss the thoughts of what could have been the most. like i dont i didnt know everything about him, and vice versa, but i feel like he has been through that before and maybe was a flashback. But he then hit me with the infamous line we can still be friends. He was like i was a cool person and we can hang out in the future, but my actions turned him off totally against me. Do you think he was gracefully telling me to **** off or was he genuinely saying"hey i need some time to think about and get over that stunt you pulled, but im open to try again later"? or is that wishful thinking?

Try again later. imo Unless, you like to key cars haha j/k

Just let it be. FORGET a relationship! Be his friend, unlike women......once you get in the friend zone, it's NOT game over so to speak. You got crazy, he's backing up, but he didn't back off. That's all, now continue to get to know him, and keep the crazy to yourself and work on those trust issues so they don't haunt your future.

LOL...i needed that, considering how ive been feeling. Keying cars is so not in my dna...I could never last in jail.

"I thought he was playing games, and ignoring me, blah blah blah. So i did the unthinkable, i went to his house unannounced."

Yeah, well . . . give it some time . . . but considering that this has only been a week then I'd suggest to move on - such a big mistake in the very beginning?
    You post, you ask questions, you give facts --> I reply, I give quotations, I have opinions

Thanks, my question to you. Like i, giving him space i.e. no emails, phone calls, text messaging, and of course no popping up. Should i wait FOR/HE contacts me, or should i make the move?

I know, no problem with quoting me. Done get me wrong im usually dead on with my instincts. Even though i did feel that way he still could have contact me via email, or another phone. To contact me everyday in which i got used to, and to not hear anything after he stated im going to call you at such a time tomorrow when i get out of class, and didnt hear a word. i started second guessing myself and him.

okay first your fine....you seen something special in this guy..wow i wish a woman would come and check on me if we did,nt talk for a few days....you never go to a guys house with out calling thats a no no...but this guy should cut you some slack...but in the end its his loss...trust me....alot of guys would love to be with you
    Quote Originally Posted by kek835 View Post
    So I met this wonderful guy last week, who was completely not my ideal type of guy I normally would date. We hit if off very well, he was a great guy. Weonderful conversation, goals, sweet, affectionate, and my trust issues came into play. I felt everything was moving so fast. I loved the attention and he called me everyday, or texted me during school and work when he could, and then it was like he disappeared. Due to a cracked cellphone screen which happened recently, i knew he was unable to receive text messages. but phone calls too? Red flags started to appear. So after two days of not speaking to him, i became nervous/anxious, confused and angry. I thought he was playing games, and ignoring me, blah blah blah. So i did the unthinkable, i went to his house unannounced. I tried calling his phone, but i couldnt get through. he was home, but didnt come to the door. So now im here struggling with the fact that he wants nothing to do with me completely because i had no right to come to his house and he labeled that as "Crazy". Due to the fact that ive never done anything like that, i've emailed him, and spoke to him recently. He stated that he forgives me and doesnt hate me, but he no longer sees me as a person that he would want to build anything of substance with. We emailed, and talked about it, and i guess you can say that we agree to disagree about the situation. We are both attractive people and although i dont have problems getting men, he was one of a kind, who treated me differently than any other man i came across. We were in a state of true euphoria before my trust issues stirred in the mix. Also he stated that deep down he wants to give me another chance, but he fears letting his guard down, as it may happen again, and can only think what i am capable of doing. Do you think he needs time to cool down, or should i move on???

I really appreciated that. I know i should stop beating myself up, and my guy friends tell me that all the time. Its kind of like some guys dont realize what they have in front of them. Although i messed up, im flawed, and everyone makes mistakes. But its nice to know. One say he will look back on the situation when he gets tired of dealing with the superficial women he said he used to come across and realize it was worth working out.

So today im in class, and although due to prior conversation he stated that we can be friends, so i was thinking about meeting up for a quick lunch, and to my surprise he texted back to tell me that he was in NJ until Monday. So i asked him if he didnt mind me asking is everything okay. He said everything was ok, he was just visiting his son(who is 6). He then says i will call me when he gets some free time. This was at 1pm, should i send him a text or what around for the call?

yes, start moving on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast