+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Doing Something Morally Objectional...

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Doing Something Morally Objectional...

Ever do something that made you feel...not right, because you knew that you could benefit from it in the end?

I'm at a crossroads, but I just may take the path makes me feel uneasy.

In a nutshell, I want to get into the union here in this city, but it's really difficult to here. You can only apply once a year. So I met up with this recruiter and my alternative to applying once a year is to "salt" for them. Basically work for non-union contractors, and spy. And either try to organize them, or use evidence I've found to have them sued into submission, or crippling their business. That's basically what it is without the ideological sugar coating.

I'm not against Unions, but I do feel that there are some unethical things they do. In a perfect world all employers would be honorable, but the world isn't perfect. I don't think the idea of spying on the organizations is great. I don't know too much about current unions, so I wouldn't be able to educatedly say one way or the other what the repercussions are or even the benefits. Just get yourself into a career that you can live by.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Ever do something that made you feel...not right, because you knew that you could benefit from it in the end?

I'm at a crossroads, but I just may take the path makes me feel uneasy.

In a nutshell, I want to get into the union here in this city, but it's really difficult to here. You can only apply once a year. So I met up with this recruiter and my alternative to applying once a year is to "salt" for them. Basically work for non-union contractors, and spy. And either try to organize them, or use evidence I've found to have them sued into submission, or crippling their business. That's basically what it is without the ideological sugar coating.
    I would feel bad to destroy someone's business if i knew that they are good people etc... But all those ****ers who exploit people and treat their eployees like shit should end up in jail without a cent in the pocket. There is so many employers now who prey on people who are afraid to lose their jobs... I wouldn't feel remorse towards such rats.
    I wazzzz here

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    There are some very bad shops to work for, but my impression working up here so far, is that because so many contractors are already wary of the strength of the Union here, they themselves try to keep their standards high, so the presence of a strong organized workforce is indirectly positive.

I have no problem bringing down a $hitty contractor, but I believe finding one, and getting them to hire me would be most difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Petit Papillon View Post
    I would feel bad to destroy someone's business if i knew that they are good people etc... But all those ****ers who exploit people and treat their eployees like shit should end up in jail without a cent in the pocket. There is so many employers now who prey on people who are afraid to lose their jobs... I wouldn't feel remorse towards such rats.
    I am all for capitalism, but it MUST be honorable capitalism. I hate Walmart and the way they treat their employees. It's really horrible. I've had to do a lot of research regarding the company for paper's I've done on health care and what I found out pissed me off so much. I try not to shop there, but I feel guilty because I do when it's convenient. I am all for people becoming a millionaire and getting a shit ton of money for their ideas, but you need to respect and pay the people that got you there.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I had 4 jobs in my life, and 2 of them were where employers were ****ing cheaters,treated people like shit (even their own clients) and payed less than minimum. Somehow both of the jobs were on Mallorca in Spain. They use people who move there and need job .They know that it's hard to get a good job even if you speak spanish and it's even worse if you don't . So they pay o few... I had coworkers that were struggling every month. 2 weeks before paycheck they wouldn't even have money for food. The last job was really bad at the end...I still didn't get my paycheck for september for example Well.. Nobody did. Ahh long story... I actually think about doing some problems,because they cheat on every client they have. I'm thinking about sending mails to all of their clients here, explaining how they are cheating on them. I know it from the inside,because I was a tool of this cheat It was marketing research company, we were doing surveys on telephone for a lot of big companies, like bosch or jungheinrich, even disney or Telecom. what clients don't know is that half or even more of the surveys we did were fake. When we couldn't reach the amount of surveys they told us to do, we were sitting by 3 computers and answering the questions, without calling anyone This was the cae with like... 80% of all of the projects
    But still, at the end,before I quit, a new manager came and started to treat everyone like piece of shit. I was actually ignoring him which was pissing him off even more. But I didn't care because I knew I leave soon. But a lot of people stayed there,because there are no other jobs.
    I wazzzz here

This is me being shady, but you could have blackmailed the company.... had you collected evidence.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    They would turn it against me ,for sure The best is to shit on their face before they notice it
    There is like 20 other people who could and would say it's true. And I still have friends who work there and could collect evidences Actually, if they would like to find out if it's true,they could send a spy to work there for 2 weeks to find out how they work Lol , doing fakes even had it's own pseudo : DF - Don Fernando I still don't know why
    I wazzzz here

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    This would be easy if I bought into all the propaganda Unions like to spout, but I'm a realist.

Unions are a machine just like any corporation or government.

This would be easy if I bought into all the propaganda Unions like to spout, but I'm a realist.

Unions are a machine just like any corporation or government.
    Unions were once a very much needed thing, and in some cases they are still needed. I hate how what is supposed to be a good system goes wrong. But, like I said, I don't have much experience with unions so I wouldn't know what is true or false regarding them.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    OMG, it's a miracle I just checked my spanish bank account and I got payed today WAHOOOO
    Anyway, I think about doing them troubles
    I wazzzz here

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I can't help you Frasbee; this is all a matter of what you can live with afterwards. But one thing I know is that morality is something that is very hard for people to afford when they are hungry.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

In a nutshell, I want to get into the union here in this city, but it's really difficult to here.
    By saying you want to get into the union you mean that you want to work for a union? As an organiser?
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

The big question to ask yourself is can you live or do your career knowing you're doing something overly unethical and immoral?

It actually happens more than you think and I've seen it MANY times. From the federal government, to big business and even the small businesses all within. People will be shady for an easy ride to the top or for their own personal gain and unfortunately we live in a selfish world.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm officially salting.

Salting isn't the same as it once was, where sabotage was encouraged.

Basically, I get with a non-union contractor, I bust my ass to make them money. I keep an eye out for anything unethical they may be up to, and keep documentation.

If they're on the level, I quit that contractor and move on to another one.

If they're not playing by the rules, (not paying prevailing wage/not paying their workers for time worked), or encouraging a hazardous work environment, I stay long enough to collect enough evidence, then I quit and the Union sues on my behalf.