+ Follow This Topic

Thread: new member :) My Relationship! Please read and feel free to comment

new member :) My Relationship! Please read and feel free to comment

Ok, my name is michael, and i am a 17 year old young man in my senior year of high school. I can go forever with my relationship. For a 17 year old my relationship is much stronger then others around my age. Me and my girlfriend tend to treat our relationship as a very mature one. In the beginning she was convinced that most boys were there just to use guys. i proved to her that i am not like that and when i like someone i actually do. We were talking for a while about for 4-5 months before i actually asked her out in july this past summer. ever since july 13th our relationship has been more then we could ever ask for. i am a very respectul, caring, and loving person. shes told me that i changed her life. because she used to party and stuff and now she learned that highschool is just more then that. ive touched her very deeply from how i talk about her to her. i know i am very young to say this, but i actually think that i honestly fell in love with my girlfriend. i dont say these things unless they are true and i honestly do think i do. i always tell her and she tells me the same thing. she tells me that she never felt this way about her past boyfriends. now college is coming up and im thinking about going with her, becuse i can tell you the truth i can see myself marrying this girl. ive heard of diffrent accounts of this happening. my cousin and her boyfriend went out from highschool and went through college and he jsut recently bought her a book of engagement rings to pick from meaning marriage. Do you think that i should goto college with the love of my life so far. I love her with all my heart can so far and nothing can change that. Please inform me of your opinion! thank you

Michael,

I know how you feel, I was in the same situation once. Could it work out, sure, anything is possible. You guys are very young though and I know it sounds cliche but you do have your whole lives ahead of you. Often times people change as they age and mature. You guys may will be in love, but in reality there's no way to know what's going to happen, no matter how much you try to control it. That's the hard thing, not trying to control and hang on to something that's so important. But, for it to work, really you have to let go ... be yourself, trust that all will work out for the best, no matter what ... and you can't know what that is. That doesn't mean you don't love her or shouldn't try ... but just enjoy each other as you can ... don't try to control it and you'll be happy. Best

Quote Originally Posted by Socboy65759 View Post
    In the beginning she was convinced that most boys were there just to use guys.
    what kind of school do you attend? I find it weird that she thinks most boys are gay. Anyway, I read the rest of your post. I know you care deeply for your girlfriend and can picture you two sharing the rest of your lives together. However, you are still very young. You need to keep your best interest in mind. Don't make the mistake of changing your path for a girl when you have your whole life ahead of you. If you two originally planned on going to the same college, then great. But don't enroll at the same school as her just because she is going. If things don't work out, you will regret your decision for the rest of your life

yeah i mean i had the school in mind. St thomas aquinas. STAC. its just that we are very much differnt from other relatinships idk why and how it came about. i just fell in love with her and to be honest i dont know why.. we are so perfect together. no downfalls even though some are going to come. no fights or anythingg we are very good right now and it wouljd suck to see it drop

Well if things are going well then there's no reason to stop it . . . good luck in your relationship and hope it continues.
    You post, you ask questions, you give facts --> I reply, I give quotations, I have opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Socboy65759 View Post
    yeah i mean i had the school in mind. St thomas aquinas. STAC. its just that we are very much differnt from other relatinships idk why and how it came about. i just fell in love with her and to be honest i dont know why.. we are so perfect together. no downfalls even though some are going to come. no fights or anythingg we are very good right now and it wouljd suck to see it drop
    Wait until a few semesters of college before you put the approval stamp on your relationship. You haven't even begun to feel the weight of growing responsibilities and peer pressure. The next couple of years will take a toll on your relationship as your lives begin to take different paths

you can't tell the future, but go for it. it may or may not work, but make the best of it while you can and IF that school also has what you want for an education, there is no reason why you can't be together!
    "trouble is just the bits in between" Doctor Who