+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Paying for dates?

Paying for dates?

I've heard a lot of different opinions on this and I was just curious what you guys on here think about how dates should be paid for. Do you normally split the check with your girlfriend 50/50? Do you pay for all the dates? Do you have a system worked out to decide who pays? I'm curious to hear your thoughts on this. Please feel free to share stories.

Ha. I dated a woman who was a feminist and she therefore insisted on paying for at least half of the bill most of the time.... unless I grabbed the bill first I've also dated women who didn't really expect to pay anything. It all depends on who the couple is. I personally don't mind a woman paying for some or all of a meal (as long as it doesn't happen every time), and I come prepared to pay for everything and expecting to pay for everything. I also have no qualms about saying that I'm low on money before making plans so that a 50/50 plan is decided upon before going if it is necessary, or even if that means not going at all. I guess its just like everything else, just be up front and open and it will be alright.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

Ex GF expected me to pay for everything and never even said thankyou at the end of a meal I'd paid for. That's one reason why she's me ex GF. Current GF is the absolute opposite - tremendously generous - she has a job, I"m currently unemployed and have to fight to pay my share. In this day and age, women should pay their share.

well I think that for sure the first one shoudl be paid by the guy. if the girl insists on paying, he can always say, ok next time you will pay. It sounds better and there is always the NEXT. there will be next date, we she/he wants to see you next time.

I also did not like, that the girl would take advantage of men paying for women. So at some point they should split or make some kind of deal. Man is more sure, she does not asked him for date, to get something out of him. Most of the time it is not just about the money, more like, how the other one will behave in future life

if it is an actual date then he pays , no exception, if you asked him out tho then you should at least offer to pay

if it is an outing like coffee or fast food or renting a film then you should offer to split it, i love women who offer to pay, i dont let them unless they insist but overall as a man i think a lot of things should be mutual and big dates the man pays for

I've found that guys will normally pay for me. They refuse to let me pay for anything, even if I've offered which I do.

I'm not greedy and like to spoil....so of course I wouldn't mind having to go halfs or even paying.

I don't mind paying for everything. I like to treat girls as long as they appreciate it.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Whoever invites should pay. Simple, and it doesn't breech the acceptable standards of polite behavior.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

for me, when i go on a date i always pay for everything, though sometimes if i go movies the girl pays for the popcorn and drinks.
    once though a girl paid for my movie ticket, but it was because it was my birthday

Men should pay for the date if possible at first. Men who never pay for the date or balance it out in my experience have not been very considerate men. I know this is probably not true in all cases and I understand for economic difficulty, but a lot of women probably have this perspective. I think women tend to agree with the general idea that in the beginning a man should pay, on special occasions, Valentines day, anniversaries it is nice if the man pays. It just shows he cares and values you to the woman. Males may not find that logical, but we men and women are different. As the relationship settles long term and you go out a lot with each other the woman should offer to sometimes pay or split dates. I can't imagine sitting and expecting a man to pay for every meal. Some men do insist on paying every meal, but men come in all sorts of variations. In a nutshell: Pay for the first few dates. As the relationship grows into something long term try to pay the whole bill every now and then.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    As a woman I'd be slightly put off if a man didn't offer to pay. I appriciate when a man does, and tell him so. I also return the favor though monetarily the amounts will never be close to equal. But I'll pay for breakfast at $30 and he pays for a dinner at $100- that sort of idea. So yeah, I'm not about to lie... I'd be a little put off. But I'm not some spoiled brat that makes him pay for everything. Nono, don't worry his efforts may be rewarded... later...

Oh and the notion who invites should pay. So most often that's the guy, but if I asked him out I'd offer but usually he'll still pay.

well that's very interesting

I ussually offer to pay when I invite a girl for a date, some of them insist on paying half that's ok with me. I'm not there to start a war over a bill. But most of the time I pay for everything that's ordered on a meal. But I won't pay for her if later we go to the cinema for example.
    When I'm invited for a date by a girl (which is rare but happens from time to time) both of us pay our things. It happened once when a girl insisted to pay for all the meal.
    It's not the money but the people that are important in a date. The bills are ussually bearable for anyone so it's not a big issue.
    Paying for a meal to a beautiful girl is a sympathy not an obligation.
    "E ao imenso e possível oceano
    Ensinam estas Quinas, que aqui vês,
    Que o mar com fim será grego ou romano:
    O mar sem fim é português."

I dont mind paying for a cup of coffee/ small meal, but if the cost is high then I think the girl should throw in her own share.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast