+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Paying for dates?

You can " Offer to pay for the date" and see how he acts? If you dont fancy the guy then insist on paying for your share, do not lead the man on and make him thinks by paying for the date he has a chance meeting you again.

From my personal experance with men in the UK is that around 80% of the men will pay for the dinners&drinks, 20% will buy you a drink and just wait for you to buy them the next round.( those are on my block list )

Once establisd the relationship, both party should pay , he makes more he pays more, you make more you pay more.
    Last edited by newcity2010; 19-11-10 at 01:37 AM.

First date with my GF she offered to pay half and I let her. Since then she's fought hard to spoil me, I"ve fought hard to spoil her. Seems to work out fifty fifty although we don't count down to the last euro. I do not like women who expect men to pay for everything - don't we live in the age of equality? I love and respect my GF. Last GF offered to pay nothing - one reason why she is my ex GF

agreed if a guy asks you out on a date that means hes taking you out on a date and to make a good impression as a gent he should atleast offer to pay all ....once in a relationship all should be shared.

I usually at least offer to pay. Sometimes the girl is uncomfortable with that and offers or insists that we split the check (which is fine).

Sometimes Id pay for the date, and depending on the girls reaction if she appreciates it or not.

erg. Feminist bs.
    Depends on the couple. If you both have jobs, take turns.
    If only one works, or is tight on funds (ie. in school) the one with the money should be paying, and the other one shouldn't even hint at wanting to be dinned.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Regnent View Post
    erg. Feminist bs.
    Depends on the couple. If you both have jobs, take turns..
    Actually, THAT is feminist "bullshit". Traditionally, the male always paid. If you want to bag on feminism, it would probably be best to adopt a position that isn't feminist in origin.
    Last edited by vashti; 13-12-10 at 07:55 AM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I used to expect a guy to pay the first time he invited me out. If I asked for the date, we split it (double standard, I know). If I offered to pay and the man refused, I used to say, "Well, at least let me pick up the tip (or dessert)". I don't think I ever got refused on paying the tip.

it's usually 60/40, but i don't pick up the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Actually, THAT is feminist "bullshit". Traditionally, the male always paid. If you want to bag on feminism, it would probably be best to adopt a position that isn't feminist in origin.
    The bullshit I refer to, is not feminist its' self, but the inconsitant and varied expectaition it has brought along as buddies.

Some women milk it, some women reject it, some live it. Problem is, you run a high risk of ticking many off just trying to clarify where they hell they stand.
    Pay for a meal without asking, and boom, you're a chauvinistic pig.
    Ask to split the bill and you're a cheapskate.
    Etc.
    And that's just one aspect. Maybe the lady likes her meals paid for, but don't touch that door.

Of course, I would personally just write off a woman like that as a b_tch, and move along. But overreaction or not, seems like a rather silly and simple issue to write someone off over.

That, my dear lady, is what I find to be bullshit about feminism.

I'll spare you a continued rant on the issue.

My original statement stands.

Quote Originally Posted by twinrexes View Post
    I used to expect a guy to pay the first time he invited me out. If I asked for the date, we split it (double standard, I know). If I offered to pay and the man refused, I used to say, "Well, at least let me pick up the tip (or dessert)". I don't think I ever got refused on paying the tip.
    Eppp! My mother taught me that was actually a more common practice, dates or not. If someone pays your way, you pay the tip. Good social grace and all that jazz.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Regnent View Post
    The bullshit I refer to, is not feminist its' self, but the inconsitant and varied expectaition it has brought along as buddies.

Some women milk it, some women reject it, some live it. Problem is, you run a high risk of ticking many off just trying to clarify where they hell they stand.
    Pay for a meal without asking, and boom, you're a chauvinistic pig.
    Ask to split the bill and you're a cheapskate.
    Etc.
    And that's just one aspect. Maybe the lady likes her meals paid for, but don't touch that door.

Of course, I would personally just write off a woman like that as a b_tch, and move along. But overreaction or not, seems like a rather silly and simple issue to write someone off over.

That, my dear lady, is what I find to be bullshit about feminism.

I'll spare you a continued rant on the issue.

My original statement stands.
    I have never in my entire life heard any female complain that a man opened her door or offered to pay for a meal. I think that all is just a popular myth perpetuated by men who want to cling to misogyny or bitterness for some reason.... If women are complaining about a man offering to pay for a meal, it has always been my experience that the complaint is the male expecting sex in return.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I always pay but I do appreciate when a girl at least makes an offer. If she lets me pay without making an act of reaching for her purse that sends up red flags.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    I always pay but I do appreciate when a girl at least makes an offer. If she lets me pay without making an act of reaching for her purse that sends up red flags.
    ouch.

i do that sometimes with my BF, if i'm mad or not in a good mood and feel like being passive aggressive.

Here's something new that happened to me - I took a girl out for Chinese, and at the close of our date, I told her I'd pay. She reached for her purse and said "I'll get the tip."
    That was pretty cool. I'm usually the one who does the inviting so that's why I pay. She buys me drinks when we go out, though. If it's something she invites me to, I assume she's buying. I always have some money in my pocket in any case.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast