+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Where should i draw the line with my girl and this guy?

Where should i draw the line with my girl and this guy?

My girl has known this dude thats older than her since she was like 15. hes 7 yrs older. when she turned 18 they fell in love or some shit and they took each others virginities (yes he was an old virgin). i've never met this dude and they broke up for whatever reason. and i know she wouldn't cheat on me.. however, they are still best friends go shopping together and do random shit, and it constantly annoys me but i've came to terms with it.. but she just put a pic up of them right on each other for her profile pic.. and it upset me cuz they have a bunch of pics like that but she keeps posting them. and she says because i'm upset by that i'm controlling or anal or something. am i tripping about this? or should i not settle for it? and i'll say it again i KNOW she wouldn't cheat on me but she said she even had to ask her friends if she thought i would trip about that picture before she posted it.. if she has to ask, should she really even post it up? or even be taking pictures like that? she doesn't have a car, he does shit like give her rides everywhere, buy her gifts and stuff. please help

pleaaase gimme input

Guy sounds like a major douche for befriending a 15 year old just to wait around until she's legal. Gross.

Anyway, that's not the issue. You don't have to like all her friends, and it's not fair to dictate who she can hang out with. What is fair, though, is to ask her to be a little more respectful of your relationship regarding how she acts with him. I don't know what you mean by "right on each other" on that profile pic, but putting up a photo of her and her ex-boyfriend together is pretty disrespectful. What would that say to others? Talk to her about it in that way, how she's kind of making you look like a chump, instead of making it sound like you're trying to make her stop hanging out with him and don't approve, or whatever. Tell her that you're fine with them being friends, as long as she creates some boundaries with him. Like no more gifts unless they're birthday or Christmas gifts, and nothing extravagant or romantic. And to stop flaunting it in your face all the time by posting all those photos.

Hmm . . .well how long have you been in a relationship with her? . . . either way it's good that you care for her, but her friends are her friends -- you could tell her to be a bit more respectful about facebook though
    You post, you ask questions, you give facts --> I reply, I give quotations, I have opinions

agree with MerryH...you don't want to be too controlling/jealous, but she should be more respectful. have a talk with her about it and come to some form of a compromise. if she isn't willing to compromise, then there might be more going on between them than you are aware of (maybe not physical, but there still might be feelings there that she isn't willing to let go).
    the love you take is equal to the love you make

hm thank you all for the input i think i'ma end up breakin up w her i do love her tho

Quote Originally Posted by RdHrshyKss View Post
    agree with MerryH...you don't want to be too controlling/jealous, but she should be more respectful. have a talk with her about it and come to some form of a compromise. if she isn't willing to compromise, then there might be more going on between them than you are aware of (maybe not physical, but there still might be feelings there that she isn't willing to let go).
    I agree, I doubt it's physical but she should be a bit more thoughtful towards your feelings.