+ Follow This Topic

Thread: does age matter when it comes to love

does age matter when it comes to love

Ok, so i am 22, she is 36. She has 2 kids and i dont hve any. So am i crazy for liking a woman who is 14 yrs older then me. She is seperated, and was married to an asshole for 10 yrs. He swore at her, called her every name in the book. We have been together for 3 months. And its going fantastic, athough it is a long distance relatiinship (for now). Ive taken her on a romantic weekend lst month and ahe loved it. I sked her if this relationship is a fling to her and if i am just a rebound. She nswered NO to both. And i believe her cuzshe suxs at lying and she is brutally honest which i find very good traits. Ive been told by her tht i dont act my age and am very mature for my age. We are taking it quite slow. But the one thing that bothers me is that she always brings up the age difference. She said that its one of her insecurities. What does that mean? And will she get over it eventually. What do i tell her to get over this hurdle.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    yeah, I'd be insecure if I were in her place, too. I don't know if she will be able to get over it. This is a significant age difference, not to mention the fact that this is a pretty socially-unacceptable arrangement.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

OP, I've had relationships with older women, and they usually don't pan out, long term. At some point, the age difference will begin to tell and jealousy issue will arise. Just pointing this out.

there is really really beautiful blonde lady at my work who is 35 or 36, i always look at her with dreamy eyes, she is married i think but still i would love to be with her if she allows. i am only 26

I know long distance relationahips dont work out. I am an oil driller and i work 10 days on 4 days off. I make enough moey to travel home and see her every 10daya. She is a very independant woman and we have talked about this and she told me with confidence thatthat she doesnt mind this. So could this workout? Like i said before im not doing this for the rest of my life, this is just temporary. And she understands.

What does socially unacceptable mean vashti?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by habubbles View Post
    What does socially unacceptable mean vashti?
    It means that she will lose the respect of many of her peers and family members if they find out she has such a young boyfriend.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Lol, actually she already told all her friends and her sibblings. It didnt turn out that bad actually. Only person she hasnt told is her mother. Her sister and her friends actually love me. They think im a great guy and all of that stuff.

age differential, she's separated from a bad husband, long distance relationship, she has kids?

I think there's more "insecurity" than just the age . . . how old are her kids?
    You post, you ask questions, you give facts --> I reply, I give quotations, I have opinions

Kids are 8 and 10 wonderful kids. She basically raised them on her own. Husband is such a deadbeat that he really doesnt want anything to do withthem. Kids do visit, but he yells at them constantly. She was hurt that she heardthatfromher kids. So i called him up one day and layed out on him, and pretty much told him, what he is doing to the kids is called child abuse.