+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My borders bookstore crush. Need some advice

My borders bookstore crush. Need some advice

I saw this beautiful girl sitting at a table and when she walked by me to visit a friend near where I was sitting I looked at her and she glanced at me. After her friend left the table she moved directly in front of me and I was glancing at her many times and she would look back occassionally. When I converse with someone near me I could see her staring in my direction from my perhipheral vision. One time she looked I smiled and she looked away but I saw her smile back too. Unfortunately I didn't have enough courage to say anything to her and she packed up and left few hours lAter.

My luck I came back next day and she was sitting in same place and she was looking at me as I went to sit at the same place as day before. Again the eye contact went on but this time when she packed up and left I noticed she was looking at some books so I went and approched her with a simple "hi" and told her I wanted to talk to her yesterday but I kicked myself becuz I didn't. She introduced herself and asked for my name and I told her. We talked for few mins about her studies where she lives etc... I got quiet for few secs so she said well I'm Gona go im sure I'll cya around here and I just said bye.

I think I screwed it up becuz I shoulda got her number but would have that been too much? NOW what should I do now if I should see her again it's been 4 days since I've last seen her. I really would like to take her out but is that too fast. For your information she's very very busy with her medical studies so I don't want to bother her too much so any advice would help thxxxxxx

I'm 22
    she's probably same age

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If you see her again, invite her to sit with you and buy her a cup of coffee. If it goes well, then ask her if she'd like to have lunch or dinner sometime. And don't act like you are bothering her.... you need to demonstrate some confidence. Have your coffee, and then tell her you need to get going. Leave her wanting just a little more....
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Thanks for the tip. Just hypothetically speaking if she says that she's gona stay in her spot should I ask to join her or ask her how her week went and get her digits before she leaves? I was actually Going to tell her that she motivates me and distracts me at the same time and I love it but say it in a casual joking manner. And tell her she's beautiful Rhys why I'm distracted and she's studying hard so i get motivated. Just am idea but if you have better "ice breakers" feel free to comment

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Dude, don't over think it.

Ditto Frasbee - you're overthinking.

"...I was actually Going to tell her that she motivates me and distracts me at the same time and I love it but say it in a casual joking manner. And tell her she's beautiful..."
    Way too over-the-top for someone you don't know.

A way to make her feel beautiful without sounding stalkerish is to say something like "that's a pretty necklace" or "so, what's the story behind that tatoo - it looks nice" or (if you want to be a little over the top) "Hey! your blouse matches your eyes. It's quite striking."

-PP

I guess your right. Overthinking will get me nowheree. I guess I'll just act Like she's one of my "dude" friends for some confidnce. Just one thing though should I get her number or just wait till I see her a few more times

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Internist1 View Post
    I guess your right. Overthinking will get me nowheree. I guess I'll just act Like she's one of my "dude" friends for some confidnce. Just one thing though should I get her number or just wait till I see her a few more times
    Eek.

Dude, be careful about being too casual, if she doesn't think you're interested, she may quickly put you in the friend zone. Hard to get out of once you're in.

Good point! Totally forgot about the friend zone. So any advice oon things I can say to her to let her know my intentions without being too direct?I also wana flirt with her a bit so if you know anything cheesy to keep convo going or make he smile please let me know!!!!!

Lol, I'm cautious to respond to this thread cause it might just give more reason to over-think things. . . just forget everything, be calm, and ask her.
    You post, you ask questions, you give facts --> I reply, I give quotations, I have opinions

I guess I'll never see her again it's been over a week i should have got her digits. We only live once rightt

"...We only live once rightt ..."
    AND we only live in the moment. We can't know the future and can't change the past. You've learned a little more about human relations and will be less timit in the future. Don't worry though, there's still plenty of mistakes to make (and fun to be had making them).

For what it's worth, I get so caught up in conversation that I still forget to ask for contact info sometimes - no biggie.

-PP

Lol u couldn't have said it any better!! You know everything u said is absoutely true, I guess I'll have that mentality before I make my future approaches. I still have my fingers crossed that hopefully I'll run Into her again and well see what happends.