+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My girlfriend has been talking crap behind my back.

My girlfriend has been talking crap behind my back.

A couple months ago, i had this incident where i found out my gf was talking negatively about me behind my back to a guy i don't like. I stayed with her because i still love her.

I talked to her about it and she does feel bad and explained to me that she was only venting to someone who would listen. My trust for her has gone down the drain and although i know she wouldn't cheat on me, i'm scared she would talk crap about me again. It took a lot out of me to just stay with her. I really don't know what to do right now, i'm always suspicious of her and i always feel she isn't telling me everything.

everyone needs to vent. just like you being on this posting site. you are venting. granted here we don't know you or your girlfriend, so not a topic of gossip for us to tell everyone else. but you are venting.

venting sort of lets you put things in perspective. maybe someone will say 'you are totally right' or they will say 'what is your problem, that isn't so bad' or give advice on what you should do to remedy a potential train wreck. or maybe while venting you actually hear yourself and see the solution or see how much you blew somehting out of proportion.

tell her if she needs to vent, to call a former class mate that lives out of town. they can usually keep their mouth shut so you don't become the gossip of the day. or maybe give her this site's web address.

It's true everyone need to vent, even about the people they care about most. You might not be able to find this out, but if she was just venting about something you do that annoys her, or something that you did that she doesn't understand, then that's healthy enough so long as whoever she's venting to doesn't try to make this a reason she shouldn't like you. If she's making fun of you, that's another story.
    Also, even if she's talking to a guy you don't like, that could come down to her having a friend who's not your type of friend, so long as it's not someone who has something against you and is going to try and turn her against you. But you shouldn't try and control her, who she wants to hang out with.
    Depending on her personality, she might not be the type of person who likes to share everything with one person, so it might not be a bad sign.

OP, this you? Almost word for word and posted 1 day apart

[url=http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=128733281]GF Talking Mad ****. - Bodybuilding.com Forums[/url]

I wouldn't really accept that talking negatively behind my back stuff . . . . what it just negative or actually insulting (talking crap)?

but as for venting, that's normal - but usually I'd think girls would do this with other girls
    You post, you ask questions, you give facts --> I reply, I give quotations, I have opinions