+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Online dating and a broken heart

Online dating and a broken heart

Well I hope you try to understand me,cuz I'm so confused and I don't know what to do...
    I met one guy over the net,when everything seemd perfect he just told me that he doesnt feel anything anymore.I told him I still liking him but he said I should move on cuz its just imposssible to happen.I've been hurt many times(in real life) and now it hurts me even more.People say thatt internter love is fake but I don't think so cuz I just can't stop crying.I don't want to forget bout him.He still want to talk with me and I don't know what to do. I don't want anything else only to be with him

have you ever met him? how about talk on the phone? yest internet dating is FAKE

- internet dating is based on fantasy. most people are crappy writers so the reader fills in the blanks to make the person perfect. usually when you finally talk to the person the fantasy is gone. and if it isn't gone then, when you actually meet the person reality often is a punch in the face.
    - internet dating is safe dating. lots of people out there love the thrill of the hunt. it makes them feel like a dating success when in real life they are a dating failure. once things start getting a little more serious they quickly dash onto another conquest.
    - internet dating is impersonal. it is easy to dump a person who you only know through a computer screen. they aren't real. it is like you are more likely to say nasty things over the phone or computer, then in person. it is because technology has removed the 'person'.

how long have you known him? . . .how often did you talk? . . .have you met?

And read what Reeba says, good points about e-dating
    You post, you ask questions, you give facts --> I reply, I give quotations, I have opinions