+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Future Relationships

Future Relationships

I know without a doubt based upon my sister's dating life (she's 20, I'm 19) that I'm NEVER gonna find a guy who can accept me for who I am. My 20 year old sister can't seem to get a guy to call her or want to hang out.

She has a cell phone and I rarely ever see her texting or talking to someone on the phone. Her phone rarely rings. She doesn't have any friends and she's single.

I feel like my sister and I are alike when it comes to how we act when we're in a relationship. I think that because-- my sister and I were brought up in a very STRICT religious way of life. We had to go to church EVERY Sunday and we weren't allowed to take the Lord's Name in vain.

My sister and I always smile and are polite. My friends told me I was proper. The very first relationship I had ended after a week of talking/texting on the phone (met him on myspace and he gradually stopped calling/texting). My dad was never in my life (that makes me feel like I wasn't good enough to be his daughter) and here recently my uncle whom I haven't seen in like forever visited for a day and told my family and I that he'd visit again (his excuse: he's really busy).

It's like my sister and I repulse the opposite sex! It hurts because I never thought the opposite sex would be so cruel. Their like stuck up girls (the ones I've known-- not every guy is like that I know).

I see my next relationship (if I ever get the chance to have one) like the previous one: him not calling/texting, wanting to hang out or being concerned about my feelings and me. I'm afraid to enter a relationship because I don't want to go through getting my self-esteem crushed.

How do I keep him caling/texting, wanting to hang out and be affectionate?

Whoa there - slow down some. You're definitely over-thinking things. Dating experience at 20 has absolutely zero effect on romantic happiness through your life.

-PP

starlet2010 says:

"I know without a doubt based upon my sister's dating life (she's 20, I'm 19) that I'm NEVER gonna find a guy who can accept me for who I am."

your dating life echoes your pessimistic view on relationships. Learn to meet guys in person, put yourself out there, and not be afraid of rejection

Well firstly, don't based your life or your future off other people or how they turned out. . . .are they you? No.

As for you last relationship, I assume you left, you left because he wasn't worth it. . . at 20, you're still in the learning stages
    You post, you ask questions, you give facts --> I reply, I give quotations, I have opinions