+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Starting Again - Like Someone at Work

Starting Again - Like Someone at Work

Hi,
    Me mid forties - sadly just about divorced. Two years on, feeling like I want to find love again.
    There's someone I really like at work but I'm scared about letting her know.
    I think she is separated but not completely sure (TBC). I don't work directly with her but I know her to say hello to.
    Just wonder how on earth to find out (a) if she is free and
    (b) how could I let her know I like her whilst maintaining a good working relationship. Of course it could be awful if she knocked me back (it might make me feel uncomfortable at work).
    I would hope she is nice enough to be gentle in letting me down if not interested.
    I feel like I have been through so much recently with my divorce and the rejection of my wife that my confidence is shot.
    Not dated for twenty years but I also feel life is too short and nothing ventured...nothing gained.
    Oh yes, I think she has a facebook profile. Would that be a good way to get chatting with her maybe? Advice welcomed.

I'd friend her on Facebook first and because that is playing it safe. Get to know her and a little more about her via Facebook.

Any chatting is good . . . .facebook would work.
    You post, you ask questions, you give facts --> I reply, I give quotations, I have opinions

well her facebook profile would at least give her status - single, in relationship, etc. maybe she doesn't have her facebook profile hidden from the general public so you can take a look.

if you are going to get uncomfortable at work if she turns you down, i would NOT do it. what if it works for a while and THEN she turns you down? if you can't handle the first scenerio, how do you expect to handle the second scenerio?

Your falling in to quick, don't let your feelings and emotions towards her develope this quick. Talk to her more, get to know her, take it slow. If she seems interested, then take it from there.(SLOW)