+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dating an EX, the one i've always loved. Wrong?

Dating an EX, the one i've always loved. Wrong?

So, i have an EX, my relationship with her over 2 years ago wasn't even that great, we use to hang out 2/3 times a week at most, and it only lasted 2 months, we were colleagues and it just didn't work and we parted, found it really really hard.

Since then we've both had 1+ year relationships. I fell in love (at least i think i did) with this new girl, we had a holiday together, lots of good times. But deep down, my EX was still always in the back of my head.

So, when i broke up with my girlfriend, it was 3 months after my EX has broken with her boyfriend, we started talking again, becoming closer and texting daily. Since then we've met up, i've been to hers, she's been to mine, and we've been out for dinner and cinema etc.

I've been really happy that we're back to this way, (and we no longer work together).

But today, a girl said to me she can't believe how stupid i am to be doing this, she said this girls just gunna' part ways with me again like before and im setting myself up for another heartache.
    She said dating a girl it didn't work with before won't work on the 2nd chance.

I've had a good think about what she said, but it's hard, i've liked this girl for around 3 years now, she's perfect for me and i can't see any wrong in her.

Can a relationship with an EX work, we're closer this time round than we ever were first time, and we're not even officially dating at the moment.

you're blinded by your feelings of re-connecting with someone from your past. Take a step back and analyze your relationship as if you were a 3rd party looking in. What advice would you give? You said yourself your relationship wasn't even that great. What makes you think it will be better a second time around?

"she's perfect for me and i can't see any wrong in her." . . . nice one, that attitude WILL set you up for failure.

I don't think too much about ex's getting back together
    You post, you ask questions, you give facts --> I reply, I give quotations, I have opinions

"IF ITS MENT TO BE , YOU WILL FIND A WAY TO BE TOGETHER"

sometimes it takes other relationships to find out what you really want in life and who it is you want to share it with !

every couple HAS problems and sometimes breaking up does good.

people who say you broke up for a reason , its not gnna work this time , take notice to why you broke up are gnna spend there life lonely !

learn by your mistakes , take chances and take risks !

if this is what you both want , then enjoy it and take advantage from it , because if bad does happen in the future ateast you spent alot of your happy moments with the person you loved.

just focus on what u have now and speak to her about this and explain you dont wanna put your heart into something thats going to blow up in your face again and you dont wanna feel the pain you did last time , so if yous are serious about this you want her to confirm this .

goodluck tho hope all goes well .