+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How can I improve my looks? (1-10)

JYH is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

How can I improve my looks? (1-10)

Hi everyone, I was just wondering on what people (preferably girls) think about how I look (1-10) and what I can do to improve my looks as I've been trying to do a lot of different things lately. I'm honestly not trying to do a promotion of my channel here, but I think that videos make up for a lot of pictures (so you can see everything), my newest pictures are still months old, and any other important information about me is in the profile part:

youtube.com/xzamorak808x

Also, I don't normally dress like I do in the videos, I'm pretty casual otherwise. I've read a few post similar to mine, and I know how important it is to just be confident and have good self-esteem, so there is no need to post that here as I've read it 100 times already. Constructive criticism and ratings are appreciated, thanks.

Well, it would help if you didn't post vids of yourself strumming power cords on Youtube. There are three things you can change to 'better' your appearance - physique, clothing, behavior. Buy some nice shirts that fit nicely (I mean button-ups and semiformal) Do something with your hair - the boring mushroom thing isn't working out for ya. Hit up the gym and get some muscles going on. And yes, confidence is important - I can tell you don't have very much because you're just standing there strumming. Someone with confidence would be bouncing off the walls with passion.

You're not ugly, but there is definitely room for improvement.
    Last edited by doppelgaenger; 01-11-10 at 07:14 PM.

Users Country Flag
    alright I stopped being lazy and took a few pics before school

img29.imageshack.us/img29/5550/dsc00692md.jpg

img261.imageshack.us/img261/7634/dsc00684or.jpg

img831.imageshack.us/img831/5849/dsc00680a.jpg

although I don't get where you are coming from... lots of the guitar covers on youtube that I watch usually dont show any emotion or passion at all.

You're not bad-looking. Here are some things you could improve:

Your shirts are way too big for you and make you look smaller (more childlike) than you actually are. Go to a decent clothing store and ask for help if you don't know how a properly-fitting shirt should look. Also, your hair is too long in the back and sides. Ask for a more tapered cut next time. And do I see a slight unibrow there? You might want to do something about that, but don't go crazy with the tweezing. Whenever I see guys with overly groomed eyebrows, I always assume they dress in drag on the weekends or something. On the subject of facial hair, you've got kind of a five o'clock shadow of a moustache, which isn't a good look. You'd look better cleanly shaved.

Hope you're not insulted by any of this. I wouldn't bother saying anything if you were a lost cause.

Users Country Flag
    Not offended at all. I actually knew that the shirt was 1 size too big but I was way too lazy to return it. Should I have it buzzed a little bit shorter in the back then spike up my hair more? The unibrow yeah I usually have to tweeze that once in a while which im guessing I havent done so very well if you can see it lol. Idk if its the lighting or I didn't shave well this morning but I usually have a clean shave, I don't like having shadows.

Thanks for the advice though, appreciate it.

Just one size too big? To me, that shirt looks several sizes too large. Button-down shirts should fit basically like this: [URL="http://imagecache.asos.com/inv/U/71/719/568669/Purple/image1xl.jpg"]http://imagecache.asos.com/inv/U/71/719/568669/Purple/image1xl.jpg[/URL] T-shirts should fit like this: [URL="http://www.cvcastore.net/images/products/PC61_Black_Model_Front.jpg"]http://www.cvcastore.net/images/products/PC61_Black_Model_Front.jpg[/URL]

You could spike your hair up more, sure. I wouldn't go too overboard with it though, in my opinion that really spiky hairstyle tends to make some people look douchey or like they're trying too hard. Check out Harold: [url=http://media.photobucket.com/image/men%2527s%20hairstyle/theurbangent/091e8487.jpg]Men27s hairstyle image by theurbangent on Photobucket[/url] I think that style would look good on you.

Users Country Flag
    the shirts that are in my pictures are both extra large. ive tried large/medium clothes before and if I wear those, it gets too tight and uncomfortable around the armpit area, I guess cause of my body style? so ive been buying extra large. not sure what you would suggest about that? and I definitely think I will try that hairstyle out, thank you.

I don't know about the tight armpit thing, hopefully you can get some guys in here who can help you with that. Maybe try shirts made with stretchier material?

Sometimes you have to sacrifice comfort for appearance.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    weird. i don't see anything wrong with him.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You're cute. Your posture is terrible though. You looked slumped over, and depressed. Stand up straight. I agree about the hair man... shorter cut with a slight spike might do you real well.

Style does play a part.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    yeah, i must be blind. are we looking at the same pictures?
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

No, you're right, there's nothing wrong with him. He's cute and if I were to meet him in person I probably wouldn't notice any of these things. But he asked where he could make improvements, so of course we're looking at him with a more critical eye. I don't think any of the things people mentioned are glaringly unattractive or huge deal-breakers, just little things that he could easily polish up.

Users Country Flag
    So other than changing the hair (looks like spiking up a little should do it), getting better clothes and fixing my face up lol is there anything else? Besides the whole confidence/self-esteem thing.

No. Post an "After" picture, please.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast