+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She is unsure how she feels sometimes?

She is unsure how she feels sometimes?

Hi. I'm new to this forum. I created an account because I really need some advice. I am 18 years old and I am a freshman in college. I'm in a relationship with a girl who is turning 18 later this month, who is a senior in high school. My college is about 200 miles from her high school, so it's a long distance relationship. But I come to her house most weekends. I know we're young, so please don't tell me that. We've had an up and down relationship since around June. She had been in a serious relationship two or three years ago and like anyone at her age at that time, she thought it would last forever, so when it ended she was devastated. This has had an affect on her. Anyway, we started in June and she's had doubts every now and then and been confused, so we've been on and off. Just recently we came off our most serious "off period" and things got much more serious. Last weekend she told me she loved, which is something really hard for her to say because she's very scared of being in love and being vulnerable. We also had sex for the first time, which is a HUGE deal because she was a virgin and she was saving herself for marriage, but she said I was the right person and she wanted to share that with me. Well I came down this weekend and everything was pretty good, until yesterday when she said that she feels like everything is strong and good the first few days after we hang out, but then she usually gets confused toward the end of the week. She said that she was confused about how she felt the friday and saturday I was there, but was definitely in love with me sunday. She said she feels like she has to "warm up" to me every weekend and sort of start over. She said she really wants us to work out and end up together and that she loves me, and she wouldn't have had sex with me if I wasn't the right guy, but she says she also thinks one of us is going to get tired of doing this up and down and inconsistent thing. I don't know what to do or what she's thinking. I love her very much and she seems to love me. She's taken a lot of big steps with me that I would have never thought she would before. But I hate hearing that she's unsure if she loves me sometimes. That really kills me. I don't know what to do.

Wow, she was in a relationship before and she didn't have sex . . . but she lost her virginity to you, well that must mean you're somewhat special.

Is this relationship long distance? how far of a drive? how often do you see her? and for how long?
    You post, you ask questions, you give facts --> I reply, I give quotations, I have opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Agape View Post
    Is this relationship long distance? how far of a drive? how often do you see her? and for how long?
    Yes. 200 miles. Most weekends. It's all there in his post.

Anyway, I don't know if you guys talk/text a lot during the week, but you should be. Seems like she sort of forgets how much she likes you when she doesn't get to see you all week. Try doing things that make her feel special and connected, like, I don't know, sending cheesy emails about how much you miss her and how you can't wait for the weekend, or sending her little packages or hiding little gifts for her to find after you're gone, or whatever. Be creative. Just don't let her forget about you during the week.