+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I can't figure out why I can't seem to get girls to like me :(

I can't figure out why I can't seem to get girls to like me :(

Ok, so I'm living on a university campus for the first time this semester. I am really liking it here in almost every way except there are women all over and I can't seem to get any of them to go on dates or anything . I am 21, I'm in shape, Smart, I work hard (16 credit hours + a part time job.) I get good grades and I think I look good atm but I probably could use a hair cut. I can't post an image of myself or I would I'm going to try to put it on my profile. I'm nice nearly all the time (hold open doors, help people pick up dropped stuff, offer to carry things.ect)

I don't think I have a weird or squeaky voice or anything. I get invited to parties and occasionally go. I try to get involved in student events when I can. I even talk to strangers when I feel like it. (I know I have two big problems, my only day with free time is Tuesday so I can't really join any student organizations. I'm also terrible at flirting and I often miss the signals women give and only get the very blatant ones like accidentally dropping their phone number on my lap (one time) or recently on an online dating website a girl kept telling me she was bored and hungry.

When I'm actually on a date I guess I'm not supposed to pay for everything? (I was always told by my Mom and Dad that the man is supposed to pay.) I also have a horrible time of guessing when a girl wants to be kissed and they often get frustrated and give up on me. I seem to be a full blown retard when it comes to women. (I also don't think the problem is my voice or charisma because I'm a tele-fund caller for my part time job and I'm doing very well at it.)

Any idea's what I'm doing wrong?
    Last edited by Lake; 02-11-10 at 09:13 AM.

Alright man, you are just like tons of other guys out there so dont worry. A: everything your parents ever told you about women and dating should be deleted from your memory. Their ideas are coming from one of two perspectives: a married couples standpoint, or outdated advice with roots in the 60s. Things are different now. B: From your post, i can already see a few things you are doing wrong (easy to fix) and I can help you with them. However, i need to get to bed. I am hoping i can get back on tomorrow and i am truly sorry if i forget. Theres an ebook call "how to become an alpha male" by john or josh something. Read it. Then come back to your post and see what i mean by "youre doing it wrong".

Wasn't the 1960's the start of the sex revolution? I understand what you're saying but I'm a poor college kid and I can't afford your book.

Haha, yes the 60s were the start of the sex revolution but you have to understand things are WAY different now. Our entire culture is different now. Woodstock was a huge radical event back then. If we had a Woodstock now? People would be like okay a bunch of hippies are getting together to smoke some weed. The same goes for women man, the rules have changed.

Next order of business. The book:

It not my book at all, its a book I read because I was in the same situation as you once. I, in no way, will benefit or recieve money if you buy that book. On the other hand, you could download it for free (not that I, nor any other person should steal it just because your odds of getting caught are worse than winning the lottery ). If you're really interested in the book, I can help you get it. If not, I will just help you because I know how you feel right now.

Sounds like a clear case of lack of confidence to me
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

I say you should basically not worry so much and keep on truckin'. Think of it this way, if you know someone who was potentially a friend, but who always tried too hard to get you to like them, would you like them? Just be yourself, do what you do, enjoy what you enjoy, be passionate about what you are passionate about, and if you see a girl you like, talk to her. If a girl knows what she wants, she will send blatant signals. Otherwise don't assume she doesn't like you, everyone is different in how efficiently they can communicate how their feelings.
    Unless you're trying to be a player, don't worry so much on getting "girls" to like you, so much as "this one individual" to like you back.

Keep trying,eventually the girl that would be meant for you woun't give up and try harder to understand and make the comunication better.
    Love doesn't make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.
    Franklin P. Jones

My hope died long time ago.

Stop trying to meet girls and just work on your social skills. It works man, trust. Practice talking to girls in regular social situations (cafeteria, class, social clubs, party, walking on campus). That'll get the ball rolling for you and give you a shot of confidence that you need. Take it slow and learn as you go.

Thanks very much I think you might be right. To try hard I won't try at all and I'll just take the opportunities I'm given .