+ Follow This Topic

Thread: sex with an ex?

sex with an ex?

How many of you have become fwb with an ex, and how did it work out for you?

I've had one fb in my life, and our relationship was always fwb, we never dated, and it was on again off again over a period of six years (we obviously weren't together when one of us had a boyfriend or girlfriend), but I've never had an fb that I'd had a previous relationship with and am curious if that ever works or is always disasterous?

I've only ever had one FWB thing going and with an ex. It was a few years back. We'd been in a long term relationship and were engaged at one point, then it ended due to constant fights and arguments.

We remained friends and it turned into an FWB thing.

I was pretty dumb back then and assumed he was having sex with me and because he still had feelings for me. Truth is, he was banging me and 'inbetween' the times he wasn't seeing anyone else. I still felt a lot for him, which is why I'd continue to sleep with him and I stoopidly thought he might realise I was the one he really wanted and he'd come back to me....but of course he didn't. I was stuck in this FWB situation with him for four years!!.... I learnt the lesson, 'Sex won't and doesn't keep a guy with you'.

I saw my day with this guy though and because ten years after it ended, he tracked me down on Friends Reunited and sent me an email. He'd asked how I was, what I was doing in life, said he'd always cared for me, still did all this time later, how he was sorry for the past, the violence, etc, etc. He'd also asked to meet me.

He came looking for the girl I used to be, the girl who once besotted by him and would do anything for him....only he didn't find her. I'd long ago moved on, married and had a child and I turned his offer to meet up down.
    Last edited by xxazurexx; 04-11-10 at 10:11 AM.

A looong time ago I met a burlesque dancer online, and we became friends. We met a few times for tea, and ended up having wild sex.
    I started having feelings for her, as she was so unusually sexy. I told her, and she just wanted to be FWB. I stopped sleeping with her.
    As for sleeping with an ex.... what's the point? I want to sleep with the person I'm in a relationship with..... Anything else would just
    be a waste of time and energy.

What does FWB mean?

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    friend with benefits
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

I've had 2 ex's that were fwb. It was fine. Both of us were mature enough to understand it was only temporary until one of us met someone else