+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Wait and hope or just leave?

Wait and hope or just leave?

Hi all,

When a man says he wants to spend his life with you and marry you but still hasn't proposed after a year of me bringing up the topic and a relationship of over 4yrs is it time to leave (long distance for 2yrs and living together for 2yrs)? I love being with him but I feel I'm now losing interest in the prospect of marrying him. I am perfectly happy to wait for marriage for at least another 2yrs but I'm worried he is stalling and could be saying the same thing in 2yrs time yet not doing anything about it. I guess it's just a feeling I get and he brought up what sort of ring I might like (but only because I told him I am hurt that he has never asked what type of ring I would like) 4wks ago. We got onto another topic and he hasn't brought it up since.

How do you make that hard decision to leave when you love someone and the relationship but at the same time you don't want to hang around and hope that what they say is true and look like a weak person that just hangs around waiting. I feel I am doubting myself so would love some input from people on the forum. I have tried to forget about it and go with the flow but the topic just keeps popping up in my head. In the past I have focused on other things and not my love life but I am 32 in December and don't think I should let my love life work itself out anymore. He is 38yrs old.

Thanks!

Have you asked him out right what his intentions are with you?
    If not tell him what you want from him and where you want to go in life with him.

I have spoken to him a few times and every time he says he wants to spend his life with me and me to become his wife but I guess sometimes it's hard to tell if he is just all talk and no action and how long to wait.

Thanks