+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: do any romantic men exist?

do any romantic men exist?

I mean really are there any guys out there that are truly romantic? ... Not gay or bi or the...I'm romantic until I get her in bed type either. I mean really do you exist at all or is this just a hopeless fantasy we women want to believe? Or maybe the better question is, what kinds of things do you consider romantic? Because sometimes I think my husband is really trying the only way he knows how. Unfortunately it's not my idea of romantic at all.

I don't really understand what is romantic and what isn't lol

I mean I don't think You could make a movie on my chivalry, but I mean, I am not heartless either. (and im talking even after "I get her in bed").

I am just a nice guy and do nice things for girls. I am as romantic as I need to be? I think its stupid to open a door every single time for a girl unless its a date or something. I think girls are completely capable of opening a door in normal situations. (and I say that because I don't want to over-do it, and you can)

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    –adjective
    of, pertaining to, or of the nature of romance; characteristic or suggestive of the world of romance: a romantic adventure.
    fanciful; impractical; unrealistic: romantic ideas.
    imbued with or dominated by idealism, a desire for adventure, chivalry, etc.
    characterized by a preoccupation with love or by the idealizing of love or one's beloved.
    displaying or expressing love or strong affection.
    ardent; passionate; fervent.
    ( usually initial capital letter ) of, pertaining to, or characteristic of a style of literature and art that subordinates form to content, encourages freedom of treatment, emphasizes imagination, emotion, and introspection, and often celebrates nature, the ordinary person, and freedom of the spirit ( contrasted with classical).
    of or pertaining to a musical style characteristic chiefly of the 19th century and marked by the free expression of imagination and emotion, virtuosic display, experimentation with form, and the adventurous development of orchestral and piano music and opera.
    imaginary, fictitious, or fabulous.
    noting, of, or pertaining to the role of a suitor or lover in a play about love: the romantic lead.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Truely Romantic? Few and Far between. A romantic man is basically Prince Charming. There are not many of those. Don't have such high standards. There is nothing wrong with a normal man who does romantic things from time to time
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Yes, romantic guys do exist. Often times, however, they are not the kind of guys women like. It may be confusing but when a man is a romantic type, he is usually a nice guy. And over time, nice guys tend to be viewed as boring by women because they aren't spontaneous and exciting.

So the real question is, do women, or men for that matter, really know what they're looking for?

I like men who have no trouble showing feelings and love, too romantic as in licking my ass constantly, I'd throw up all over.

Well I do agree with xxazurexx, and no I'm not looking for prince charming but I guess I just don't understand why it's so hard for guys to be romantic beyond the first year or so of dating. I've been trying so hard to get some spark back into our marriage and it's like my husband is incapable of being romantic. It feels like I'm the only one trying and he says he is but I just don't see it. It's so hard to get excited about coming home to the same old thing. And I know both sexes have that problem. I guess I just give up. It is nice to know there are some romantic guys out there though.

I know men are supposed to answer this, but what the hey. I've had 5 relationships my entire life. 4/5 of them were the nice guys. I feel I have been pretty darn lucky, and cherish the relationships I've experienced. Two out of the 5 guys I've been with were, to me, exactly how I think Prince Charming should be. They were selfless, incredibly caring and loving, listened to me, helped me any way they could, opened doors, did romantic things for me, and I felt truly blessed. The last guy I dated was a complete and total asshole. We were friends before we dated, and he was this different person. Once we got together and he felt comfortable with me, his evil side showed. He was inpatient, selfish, a little conceited, bossy, and demanding. I just recently ended things with him. So in answer to your question, yes... there are certainly romantic guys out there. Everyone is different and has their outtake on what a "romantic guy" is, but to me, the "boring nice guy" is really not boring at all. The guy doesn't have to be the one to spice things up all the time, the girl can too. It's a two-way street.

And who gave you the idea of what's romantic?
    Television.

I'm only romantic with girls who deserve it. So far that has been 2 girls

I think you answered it for yourself - you're disappointed that your husband does not meet up to your fantasies; a good ol' swig of reality.

Quote Originally Posted by kake224 View Post
    I mean really are there any guys out there that are truly romantic? ... Not gay or bi or the...I'm romantic until I get her in bed type either. I mean really do you exist at all or is this just a hopeless fantasy we women want to believe? Or maybe the better question is, what kinds of things do you consider romantic? Because sometimes I think my husband is really trying the only way he knows how. Unfortunately it's not my idea of romantic at all.
    and what are you offering for a romantic guy that other women don't? why would a romantic man would choose you from all women?

For your information they exist. i know, for example, how to be romantic.

romantic is anything you do or offer provided you: 1) don't do it often and for everyone and 2) you do them with the "i love you and i do this because a love you" atitude and not with "hei babe, i got you flowers, so i love you".

Quote Originally Posted by justcheckin View Post
    I mean I don't think You could make a movie on my chivalry, but I mean, I am not heartless either. (and im talking even after "I get her in bed").

I am just a nice guy and do nice things for girls. I am as romantic as I need to be? I think its stupid to open a door every single time for a girl unless its a date or something. I think girls are completely capable of opening a door in normal situations. (and I say that because I don't want to over-do it, and you can)
    yeah, i read about those things like opening a door or letting a women enter a door first in your culture. i know that there are different opinions there where you are than here. let me tell you how my culture considers it: we don't question a woman's ability to open a door. by acting like this we mean: "I'm here whenever you need me, I'm here to protect you and make you feel comfortable". In some situations this is romantic. I remember letting a lady enter first in a supermarket. she turned to my girlfriend and said "You must be happy and proud to have a boyfriend like him". here if you don't do those kind of things you won't get a second date. you will be consider to have bad manners. we call the people with bad manners peasants.
    Last edited by cedricleo; 04-11-10 at 02:55 PM.

My gf used to leave her boots outside the door (have no idea why) she hated mondays and i left for work before her so on mondays Id put a crystanthium in one of her cowboy boots, feed chores and go to work,. she'd get up have coffee and then go to work when she opened the door to put her boots on their was a flower for her she seemed to like it. Im kinda bent out of shape with the whole kissing ass thing anymore though that was a long time ago for me it seemed like romance didn't really pay off.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast